Cheap remedy for Toenail Fungus

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
Reactions: 4 people

2christine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this cure and I shall try it on someone, dont know who yet lol,I always keep tyme oil in my first aid box because ,once one of my granddaughter's knelt on a bee, after removing the sting and the screams, i massaged a little on the swelling.it went down almost instantly and removed the pain. the grandkids thought it was magic.

Reactions: 2 people

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
I like this cure and I shall try it on someone, dont know who yet lol,I always keep tyme oil in my first aid box because ,once one of my granddaughter's knelt on a bee, after removing the sting and the screams, i massaged a little on the swelling.it went down almost instantly and removed the pain. the grandkids thought it was magic.

:DI just found out that garlic also is a very good antibiotic and pain-killer. For me, it worked better than the vapo-rub/thyme. I used some sliced garlic juice directly into the affected toe-fungus area. Almost instant pain-relief. My toe is still in good shape.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.

I shall get some too... I like to keep things like that in my medicine cupboard. I'm also a big fan of VapourRub.. I have lots of it, in the house, in the car etc. What an interesting cure for fungal tutsies ...

:cyclops:

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I shall get some too... I like to keep things like that in my medicine cupboard. I'm also a big fan of VapourRub.. I have lots of it, in the house, in the car etc. What an interesting cure for fungal tutsies ...

:cyclops:

Aye, in fact I am back to primarily using the VaporRub/thyme. I use the garlic only for very small sections that seem to me intensely irritated, but for blisters and general foot discomfort I use the VaporRub like a massage cream.

Keeping the circulation going is what is important, it seems. I'm trying to get into a routine of daily foot massage with the VaporRub. I'm hoping it will alleviate any of the neuropathy I still might have. :happy:

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have found Curanail effective and now have fungal free toenails! Yes I know it's expensive but my doctor prescribed it for me. As long as you use it for at least a year it seems to work.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too saw this on the Internet somewhere recently and so have just bought some Vick to try on this problem. The smell takes me back to childhood coughs and sore throats!
So encouraging to hear good reports here.
Jane

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for your replies!:D

I will be seeing a podiatrist in the very near future, so I'll know then if I really need an Rx. I use the VapoRub now for the entire foot, when I massage them.
I had some problems last night after a pretty hefty walk on ice and snow, with my heavy "Wolverine" boots and snow cleats. Might have been too much after having been kind of sedentary for a few weeks. My feet were very uncomfortable afterwards, and today the big toe is itching again under the nail. So, I don"t know, I might require something stronger than the thyme, or the garlic.

I elevated them and reversed the blood-flow, and that helped somewhat.

I've also been checking into the Marigold/calendula teas and extracts to apply to foot problem areas.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
where can I buy thyme oil .. I can't seem to find it , except for an essential oil. Is that the one?

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I elevated them and reversed the blood-flow, and that helped somewhat.

My dad taught me the benefits of evelvated feet. I'm going to set up some kind of evelavion contraption so that I get better sleep at night. I;ve been so tired lately. Thanks for the reminder.

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried Vicks a few years back. Stuck with it religiously for quite a while. My toenail turned black, turned to pulp, fell off, then re-grew in a worse state.

I'm now trying tea tree oil. No miracles to report but my one big toenail doesn't look quite so horrific.

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I tried Vicks a few years back. Stuck with it religiously for quite a while. My toenail turned black, turned to pulp, fell off, then re-grew in a worse state.

I'm now trying tea tree oil. No miracles to report but my one big toenail doesn't look quite so horrific.

Oh lucceeloo, how horrid for you ... I hate the idea of toenails falling off. (I didn't mean to laugh, honest. It's just that you told it in such a funny way) You should be ok with tea tree oil. Isn't it a nasty business...

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh lucceeloo, how horrid for you ... I hate the idea of toenails falling off. (I didn't mean to laugh, honest. It's just that you told it in such a funny way) You should be ok with tea tree oil. Isn't it a nasty business...

LOL, no worries - I have had the toenail fungus for at least 13 years... it's almost like an old friend!!

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
LOL, no worries - I have had the toenail fungus for at least 13 years... it's almost like an old friend!!
Wow, Luceeloo, that's a jolly way to view it. You should see my mom's poor toes... and she insists on wearing sandals ... eeeeww! I cured my one episode with curinail off the doc. I think I have the beginnings of another bout. I'm keeping an eye on it. (I really need to get a life lolol)

o_O

thebigMoose

I am type 2 and over 60... I have had this problem for 25 years and tried many over the counter remedies to no success. I finally have success over a two year period, but it took a combination of antifungal agents to be effective. My large toe nails were very infected with gross thickening and much spongy material under the nail. My skin around the ends of the nail was also effected. The skin was hard and brittle and would break off in pieces when dry. Pretty much a big mess.

I started with the vapor rub treatment. It was partially effective. I followed the procedure for about 5 months and thinned my nail regularly with a dremel sander and debrided under the nail daily after a shower. My nail stayed thick with gunk under it.

I then tried NonyX nail gel. Basically a strong vinegar or acetic acid. Again this moved me along, but did not solve the problem. I used this for 2 or 3 months daily.

I then tried Grapefruit Seed Extract. This also helped move things on to a better condition, but not 100% elimination. Again over about 2 months.

I finally tried Chaparral herb "oil". A blackish solution the consistency of water. This solution made an immediate effect. Much of the diseased skin tissue turned black, and my nail bed started to reattach. The goo under my nail started to become less. I continued debridement and nail thinning. This phase lasted about a year. I alternated about once a week with the previous treatments, as it seemed that each one had some effect.

Both my large toe nails are now normal thickness, and fully attached again after about two years of this treatment. They are almost clear, but have a tinge of yellow still.

I wanted to share this combination as it is the first treatment that was effective for me. I continue to use the Chaparral herb oil as a preventative daily. Hope this helps some who had persistent and troublesome problems with nail fungus.

docworld7

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Baking soda, Tea tree oil, Vinegar, Olive leaf extract, Coconut oil, Lavender Oil, Cornmeal, Listerine are best home remedies.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When my OH had a bad infection I took him to the docs. (He has Parkinsons) I said to Doc that I would use Vicks Vaporub and the doc asked if I was a witch. He hadn't of using it before but it does work.