mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
im having my meter changed by my docs no doubt its coz the strips are cheaper i have the aviva nano at the moment

i do have a question tho i checked my level the other day and it was 10.5 did another check half an hour later and it was 6.7 can this happen or is my meter playing up ?
Hi Cath, short answer is yes, your levels can drop quickly, although not often. Also, remember, with the 20% tolerances, your levels could actually have been 8.5 ( 10.5-20% ) and 8.0 ( 6.7+20% ). I never worry about a one-off rogue reading. The principle behind regular BG testing is to look for repeated highs/lows/trends or patterns and adjust where necessary. Hope this makes a little sense.
Mo

Reactions: 4 people

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Any sign off android version of BG star

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
They have just launched a new meter but it's not compatible with the iphone app, and there PC software is not compatible with windows 7 or 8 so I am having to manually enter data

Type 2 diagnosed 24/01/2013.
Novomix 30, Victoza, Simvistatin.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Purely on accuracy, I thought this was interesting:

The Abbott [Freestyle Lite and particularly Freedom Lite] meters score highly for having the highest number of readings 90 of 100 within 5% of actual and 100% of readings within 10% of actual. By comparison, the Accu-Chek Compact Plus scored 69 of 100 readings within 5% - a result that is not as impressive, but is still leading the pack. That means 31 out of 100 readings will be more than 5% wrong or wrong ... It did score okay for 94/100 readings within 10%,

which is a blogger's summary of this report:

http://www.jdst.org/September2012/PDF/VOL-6-5-ORG2-FRECKMANN.pdf

The OneTouch Verio (but not the Verio Pro), and the AccuChek Active and Go also come out very well in these tests (look at the rightmost column in the results). Most of the other AccuChek meters came out similar to the Compact Plus, ahead of the pack but behind the 2 best Abbot and AccuChek meters.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....I haven't read all this thread as its quite long so I hope I'm not repeating anything but does anyone have views or comments on the Codefree meter....? ....am thinking of getting one as I've had Optium Xceed for five years now and its started giving me unexpected readings so I did four tests in a row and they varied between 5.9 and 9.3!! Its not the battery as I put in a fresh one, so perhaps they wear out after a while...

....the reason I thought of buying the Codefree one is the strips are much cheaper, am fed up with bidding for/buying strips on eBay for the Xceed one...:confused:

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l am lucky as at moment l get mine paid for freedom freestyle lite. l understand they are £15 from the manuf. l looked at codefree as at start thought l would need to buy strips but l was wary of the write ups....however lots folks here seem happy with it.

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
l am lucky as at moment l get mine paid for freedom freestyle lite. l understand they are £15 from the manuf. l looked at codefree as at start thought l would need to buy strips but l was wary of the write ups....however lots folks here seem happy with it.

...well it was a bit disconcerting when I got those four different readings on the Optium Xceed, its made me wonder if I have it completely wrong about the foods I can/can't eat as I use it as my guide of course...the reviews I've seen on Codefree look okay...:)

Chrissie41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just bought an SD Codefree as the strips are so much cheaper than the Accu-Chek Nano I have been using. My GP does prescribe strips but I prefer to test more frequently. I have been testing with the Nano and then immediately afterwards with the Code Free, the Code Free readings have been consistently lower so I don't know which to trust.

I bought the CodeFree from Amazon, it's a very simple and easy monitor to use but I won't be using the finger pricker, it's so cumbersome now that I am used to the FastClix and really needs updating.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
..my Codefree meter arrived a while ago, I was a bit wary as it was so reasonable in price and the strips £6.99 for 50 but it seems to be okay ...I know there's a variance of readings in all meters but this one is steadier than the Optium I used previously..

Chrissie41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
..my Codefree meter arrived a while ago, I was a bit wary as it was so reasonable in price and the strips £6.99 for 50 but it seems to be okay ...I know there's a variance of readings in all meters but this one is steadier than the Optium I used previously..

I think I have discovered the reason that the CodeFree gives a different reading to the Arriva Nano, the CodeFree is a full blood meter and the Nano gives a plasma reading.

leesmall1970

Just got the new Dario meter and the Android app was released this week for it. Can't get it working with my Samsung phone or tablet. I have tried to contact the support people at Dario but the only phone number is in the US.

What I can say so far is that I have my doubts how the actual device will stand up to every day use. The ends of the device where the strips are stored and where you put the lancets in feel like they won't click back into place after a while. Also there is no where to store your lancets so it kind of defeats the purpose of everything being included in a single device.

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just got the new Dario meter and the Android app was released this week for it. Can't get it working with my Samsung phone or tablet. I have tried to contact the support people at Dario but the only phone number is in the US.

What I can say so far is that I have my doubts how the actual device will stand up to every day use. The ends of the device where the strips are stored and where you put the lancets in feel like they won't click back into place after a while. Also there is no where to store your lancets so it kind of defeats the purpose of everything being included in a single device.

I have had this meter for a few weeks now, and to be fair customer support has been exceptional. If you email them at [email protected], someone will get back to you on Monday. Admittedly I use the iOS version and don't seem to have any problems as such it works fantastically on an iphone 4. Hope you get the problems sorted

NovoRapid, Lantus, Victoza, Metformin (sr), Simvistatin

StormyDog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Regarding the Diaro system
Where do yo get the test strips from ?
I only seem to find them on the Farla website and they charge £6 p&p
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think I have discovered the reason that the CodeFree gives a different reading to the Arriva Nano, the CodeFree is a full blood meter and the Nano gives a plasma reading.
According to the technical details in their handbook, the SD codefree is calibrated to be plasma equivalent (that's what the all of them do, I don't know if there are any whole blood meters left in the UK; Accuchek changed about 3 years ago and that was through a change in strip calibration not the meter itself).
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c..._Guide_UK_final.pdf+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Reactions: 2 people

Crimsonclient

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Regarding the Diaro system
Where do yo get the test strips from ?
I only seem to find them on the Farla website and they charge £6 p&p
Thanks

You have to get them direct from dario at the moment as they are not available on prescription until 01/09/14 they just sent me all the strips I need to last me til then

NovoRapid, Lantus, Victoza, Metformin (sr), Simvistatin