What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had rye sunflower bread, buttered and scrambled eggs. Pre was 6.7, Hour reading was 8.6 and two hour was 6.8.

Is that an acceptable food?

Too many carbs mind - 27g per slice! Eeeeeek!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
I had rye sunflower bread, buttered and scrambled eggs. Pre was 6.7, Hour reading was 8.6 and two hour was 6.8.

Is that an acceptable food?

Too many carbs mind - 27g per slice! Eeeeeek!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
Those aren't critically bad readings for 27g of carbs! I would expect most people could be 8.6 one hour after, at least you came down again x

Reactions: 3 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Yesterday, I had :

bullet proof coffee. sausage and courgette omelette and salad

9 bar pumpkin

Crayfish and avocado cocktail salad with slice of Paul rankin's wheaten bread and butter. Very large white wine spritzer.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm gonna have Avacado and crayfish salad today. What a marvellous idea!!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey Charles - lots of Dextrose tablets. Isn't there a more enjoyable way to support your blood scores, or is it just expedient to take Dextrose?

I'd have ice cream

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd so find a way!

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Checkout my fat bombs....

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1402241038.840693.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dinner!!!

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1402245458.879054.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Those nut hearts are adorable! :joyful:

Are those cheesy Doritos I spy? :watching: Did you like them?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I did flowers too!!

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1402247307.854489.jpg

Doritos were ok. Obviously not the real thing but the closest I'm gonna get to nachos these days ;)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Pretty flowers! :woot:

Your Doritos review sounds fair. Real Doritos are 55% carbs compared to fake Doritos at buggerall% carbs, so they are a good compromise, but will never be as good as the real thing. I read today that you can make taco shells using grated cheddar in a frying pan. I love the internet!

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love the interweb too. I've found loads of low carb recipes I want to try when I have time. I'm dreaming of finding the perfect pizza base and fake bread....

I'm really enjoying this plight. It's not really hard at all - you just need to be prepared. Wish my kids would give me some space to investigate more but they're young still.

How's the cat? X

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 bacon.

Dinner: Liver, bacon and onions with butternut squash/cauliiflower mash, mixed veg and about 100ml gravy. OMG I had forgotton how amaxing mash potato is, did some for hubby and accidently ate a spoonful!:mad:. No more though, such discipline!! bg 6.2 two hours later phew!

orange choc jelly and cream

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I found a good looking bread roll recipe today, but they contain psyllium husk powder. Most research on that is taking me to bodybuilding sites! :wideyed:

I cannot recommend the coconut lime cauliflower rice enough to you Deb. I am evangelical about this one!

Our cat seems fine today, thanks. His meds dropped from 2 tabs a day to one on alternate days so we are watching him like a hawk. On his first day without a tab (Friday) he just sat in the garden all day meditating and refusing to eat solids. Luckily we have loads of double cream in the house these days and he was happy to drink that. Next day, right as rain. Gave us a scare though. It is good we have this time with him to come to terms with it. After reading about Scandichick's cat yesterday, I realise that more than ever.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I did flowers too!!

View attachment 5333

Doritos were ok. Obviously not the real thing but the closest I'm gonna get to nachos these days ;)

That's just showing off, I think we may have a nut shapes competition brewing ? :)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bring it science!

I just happen to have shapes lying around. Got some lips somewhere...

AlexandraMarnie89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Definitely not been a low carb day! Sunday at work = stress and hypos = me needing comfort food! (I work with someone who likes to tell me what I can and can't eat and raises her eyebrows when I say that as I'm type 1 I can eat what I want as long as I match my insulin to it - even though I generally don't - today, I bought 90% dark chocolate and she had a go at me!) sorry for that little rant! Consequently, today started well, and has ended ****!

Breakfast - Greek yoghurt and berries

Lunch - vegetarian fajitas (with lettuce leaf wrap)

And then... One square each of Lindt 90% dark choc and Lindt dark choc with caramel. Quater of a millionaire bar.

Then after an argument - feast ice cream and magnum white (yeah I know, fatty)

Just now - toasted tea cake with loads of butter - naughty, but maaaaan it tasted good!

Adding up my carbs... I now feel guilty... And a little sick so start again tomorrow! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.