Flaxseed and Diabetes, anyone is using them ?

cherifi1965

Hi there,

I started taking Flaxseeds, I added them to my diet, and I feel much better, anyone is doing the same thing ?? please get to me and let me know if you have good results and how long have you been using them?? I am thinking to stop metforming and glicazide and all the rest.

you can find more details and the benefits of flaxseeds on this link : www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/benefits-of-flaxseed

Thanks

Jenny39579

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,

I started taking Flaxseeds, I added them to my diet, and I feel much better, anyone is doing the same thing ?? please get to me and let me know if you have good results and how long have you been using them?? I am thinking to stop metforming and glicazide and all the rest.

you can find more details and the benefits of flaxseeds on this link : www.m.webmd.com/diet/features/benefits-of-flaxseed

Thanks
I have recently started using them and I swear by them.

I'm trying to lose weight at present, and I find flaxseed added to my foods really does make me feel fuller.

Apparently, they can also help slow down the absorption of carbohydrate, provided they're eaten with carbohydrate. Which is good for keeping blood sugars stable.

I've lost 7lbs so far since I started my healthy eating diet. And my blood sugar is usually around about 6.

So Yeah, I would recommend getting flaxseeds into ones diet! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Eat linseeds (flaxseeds) every morning for breakfast together with sunflower and pumpkin seeds.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found they are an acquired taste, so start with small additions, but it won't make such a difference that you can drop your meds. low carb might

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I've been thinking about trying pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. I might get some and add them to my wheat bran for brekkie!

They are quite cheap in Lidl or Aldi, don't get them in Holland & Barrett as they can be quite expensive unless they have a offer on. I add mine to my morning porridge as it cooks.

Jenny39579

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They are quite cheap in Lidl or Aldi, don't get them in Holland & Barrett as they can be quite expensive unless they have a offer on. I add mine to my morning porridge as it cooks.
Thanks for the tip,

I think they sell them in Poundland, but you'll probably get more for your money in Lidl and Aldi.

Their Almonds are far cheaper than any other shop I've looked in.

Reactions: 2 people

cherifi1965

Thanks Jenny for that

I have recently started using them and I swear by them.

I'm trying to lose weight at present, and I find flaxseed added to my foods really does make me feel fuller.

Apparently, they can also help slow down the absorption of carbohydrate, provided they're eaten with carbohydrate. Which is good for keeping blood sugars stable.

I've lost 7lbs so far since I started my healthy eating diet. And my blood sugar is usually around about 6.

So Yeah, I would recommend getting flaxseeds into ones diet! :)

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i use them in bread as the main ingrident , as i dont buy any now not sure if they do me much good but bread tastes nice x

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been using it for about 5 months and enjoy it. I don't know how much impact it has had because I've changed so many things about my diet. I'm sure it's making a good contribution to my well being.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
They leave a persistent horrible taste for me. I wonder if genetics play a part like it does in some children's perception of greens being bitter?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They leave a persistent horrible taste for me. I wonder if genetics play a part like it does in some children's perception of greens being bitter?
Same thing for me - I think they are mostly rancid by the time we buy them, especially if pre-ground. Ugh - disgusting stuff!

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Same thing for me - I think they are mostly rancid by the time we buy them, especially if pre-ground. Ugh - disgusting stuff!
Yes I thought it might be something yo do with the age of the seeds, but then I remembered I really don't like Burgen bread either.