Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
a FAB lolly, it probably helped that I cut front and back lawns before lunch

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Ooh, I thought you meant the lolly was fab, not that it was a FAB lolly.
Not that I know what a FAB lolly is.

Off to google I go...

Edited to add: It's one of these

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm sure it's sugar on a stick because my kids love em
95 cals
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1403378409.676140.jpg

the exercise obviously helped, and I took my dog for a walk an hour later

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I too was bad today.
Brekkie (fry up) fine, lunch knäckebröd with dairy lea (Swedish crispbread) ok, a glass of white wine, chicken salad and a cornetto- eek! Oh and 3 squares of green & blacks. (Don't count those)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: 1 boiled egg chopped up with mayo and chives on 2 livlife toasts. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: leftover chickpea stew and cauli "couscous".

Pudding: pineapple veg jelly and whipped cream.

Toying with the idea of nipping to tesco since reading on another thread the words "fennel tea" :hungry:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Fry up, barbie and LCHF ice cream.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch: 1 boiled egg chopped up with mayo and chives on 2 livlife toasts. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: leftover chickpea stew and cauli "couscous".

Pudding: pineapple veg jelly and whipped cream.

Toying with the idea of nipping to tesco since reading on another thread the words "fennel tea" :hungry:

I bought a box of some fancy Fennel tea as it said words calming in the box- it ought to have said aniseed!! Loathe the stuff- I've popped them in the food bank bag along with all sorts of fancy rice noodles!

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast quorn sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomato
Lunch Crustless quiche, ham and salad
Dinner Pot roast brisket, cauli cheese, flat beans and broccoli and some gravy.

Stuffed!

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not what I've eaten, but what I'm going to cook in a mo... I'm going to do a few small dishes - my take on English tapas! Our broad beans are ready, but we don't grow many, so we'll have a handful tossed in butter. Carbs & Cals has them at about 2g carbs. We've grown pak choi for the first time this year, so we'll have a few leaves of that, steamed and in soy sauce. I have really enjoyed my courgette spaghetti, so am doing it for husband with a little garlic and bacon. Also, I've been having the aubergine pizza idea i either found on this website or some other low carb recipe place - a thick slice of aubergine, lightly buttered and seasoned, put in a dish with a slice of tomato on top - bake, then before it's finished put grated cheese on top to melt. I am going to try it topped with a tiny round of minced beef today, so it's cross between a burger, a pizza and moussaka.

Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
all sounds good to me. I need to cook more variety but hubby is onl just coming round to idea that he might benefit from dumping some carbs too as his weight loss has stalled.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
all sounds good to me. I need to cook more variety but hubby is onl just coming round to idea that he might benefit from dumping some carbs too as his weight loss has stalled.
My other half is only 91/2 stone. He's a cyclist, cycles every day, regularly cycles 50 to 130 miles in a day for fun and so can constantly eat carbs. He's OK not having carbs with me when we eat, but he'll be snacking on bread, handfuls of muesli etc every time he walks through the kitchen. He works away from home during the week so gets all his carby stuff then.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My other half is only 91/2 stone. He's a cyclist, cycles every day, regularly cycles 50 to 130 miles in a day for fun and so can constantly eat carbs. He's OK not having carbs with me when we eat, but he'll be snacking on bread, handfuls of muesli etc every time he walks through the kitchen. He works away from home during the week so gets all his carby stuff then.

Mr E was slim but as years went on he piled weight on with eating during stressful times farming. He has lost a fair bit since I was diagnosed but still has carbs with every meal. I tend to just cook carbs I don't like like new potatoes for him or buy a microwave rice as then I'm not tempted. He has toast at breakfast but as he still gets up at 7 even though we sold up last year, I don't see that! Just as well as bread is my downfall.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: Egg and bacon out with a friend. We go to a lovely cafe in Cleethorpes. I order egg n bacon on toast, but they kindly swap the toast for an extra rasher. And the latte was perfect.

Lunch: green smoothie

Dinner: pulled pork, roast med veg, green beans and I'll finish with 4 prunes in double cream, with 2 squares of dark choc. Try it. It's beyond sublime.

I've been slipping into ketosis again today. It is like waking up. Actual energy. Me - energetic! It's amazing. Mr B has been watching me bustle about all day (from his Footie Command Chair) as I have dusted, hoovered, polished and tidied the living room and bits of the computer room. And I'm not talking just a lick and a spit. This is in depth, white glove treatment. Every surface gleaming. The whole air feels clean.

I'm watching myself do this in delighted bemusement. :) Ketosis is ace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Cheese 3 egg omelette
Small glass of alpro coconut milk

Steak on BBQ with mushrooms in a little coconut oil and bowl of peas with butter
Handful of peanuts
(Had late lunch annoyingly at 15:30)

Tom yum Gai
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1403465073.723595.jpg

Almond base cheesecake, top burnt so no piccie, was ok needs refining, Debs peanut butter cheesecake sounds more appealing :)

Although my BG has been level yesterday and today, completely cutting insulin may be too drastic so have reduced by 2 units in evening and will keep doing until I level out, more sensible I think.
Like most things want it NOW!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I bought a box of some fancy Fennel tea as it said words calming in the box- it ought to have said aniseed!! Loathe the stuff- I've popped them in the food bank bag along with all sorts of fancy rice noodles!
I got some "Twinings cleansing fennel". It tastes like warm Pernod :woot: I don't know what it's meant to cleanse though. Could do with pouring it on my feet which are manky after a day gardening.

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't stand aniseed in any shape or form. I should have read the package more closely or at least looked at the picture of an aniseed stalk! I'll stick to my decaff Earl Grey or Green tea I think and try and calm and cleanse in other ways!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Not yet. I'm going to have to order stuff online as couldn't find any of it in town.
I have ordered some coconut flour, psyllium powder and chromium picolinate tablets online. It's from the shop of the guy who I got the psyllium from before. He gave me a code for £5 off first £15 spend if anyone wants it...don't think I can post it here.

I can't wait to try coconut flour recipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.