FREESTYLE LIBRE ON SALE!!!!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Will wait till the "live" guinea pigs come with some feedback before I rush in.

Reactions: 2 people

Robert 2170

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think I will wait till it has been out for a bit and the DVLA accept the readings from it

Reactions: 4 people

iHs

I saw this being demonstrated the other day and must admit, it does look good and the person wearing it on their arm showed just how easy it was to swipe the sensor and the sensor stayed stuck.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stupid website has been on "please wait" for 10 minutes now :(

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw the diabetes nurse today and she said the ppl who had tried it were really pleased.

I like a good gadget and have bought a lot of naff stuff in the past lol.

I'll let you know how I get on with it

Reactions: 6 people

iHs

This is being sold for a bit more than the rep quoted and also what's been quoted on the forum msgs but have just realised that the VAT has been added which needs to be deducted

Last edited by a moderator:

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was expecting the price for the kit but not the individual patches.

Tbh though i would prob save up to pay privately to have that detail of reading for 2 weeks just to help me know exactly what's going on when with my glucose. I prob won't use it all the time but deffo intrigued to see a couple of weeks data

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wonder if you will be able to stretch sensor life as you can with dexacom! Otherwise it would be very expensive to maintain past a couple of weeks!
Let us know how you get on with it!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been to the site today and it's still just showing the "Register interest" link (which was a waste of time as I've registered a couple of times and have yet to receive a single email); and the page at http://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/freestyle-libre-starter-pack-english.html is dead, at least when I've just tried it now.

Anyone have any other pages to try? Or having any luck with the site today?

No it's not? I just clicked it and it lets me add to basket and go to the checkout with it

-Artemis-

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I wonder if you will be able to stretch sensor life as you can with dexacom! Otherwise it would be very expensive to maintain past a couple of weeks!
Let us know how you get on with it!

I don't think you can... You have to let the reader know when you've put it in to start it - and it switches itself off automatically 14 days after that start point.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I want to see who will be first to try it in the stomach instead of arm lol

NickW

Both pages still showing as dead for me with a server error :( I'll keep trying, could just be a temporary problem at their end (yes I've cleared browser history etc., it's not caching at my end). Thanks for confirming it's still working for you though!

upload_2014-10-17_9-3-11.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-10-17_9-2-21.png
    upload_2014-10-17_9-2-21.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,036

Cherry-Pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I called Abbott this morning as I ordered one of these last night, but the VAT wasn't deducted. They said that this was a bug on their website & that they were resolving the issue and that my order couldn't be processed until payment was taken and payment couldn't be taken until the VAT issue was resolved! Think that's why they are having issues this morning with not taking orders/website not working. Fingers crossed they sort it out soon :)