Novo Echo...

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

I'm liking the Novo Echo but is it just for children?? As wherever I read about it, it mentions children! :(

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
http://www.novonordisk.com/patients/diabetes-care/insulin-pens-and-needles/novopen-5.html

Adults don't need the 1/2 unit steps and the 30 unit limit of the Novo Echo.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1442007858.248742.jpg

Oh yes we do need them!!

After being fine tuned to a pump that delivers 0.1 for a bolus then adults certainly can get echo pens.

Highly recommended by me. However if needing more than 30 units in a jab then it could be a pain to use.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had an echo before going on the pump in April my ratio was 1.5:1

D

Deleted member 83869

View attachment 15638

Oh yes we do need them!!

After being fine tuned to a pump that delivers 0.1 for a bolus then adults certainly can get echo pens.

Highly recommended by me. However if needing more than 30 units in a jab then it could be a pain to use.
It's only a 30 unit limit?? Really???? Noo my evening levemir at the moment is 36 morning is 28!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Yep its 30. But the higher dosage you take the less chance of 1/2 a unit being needed...
How much bolus qtys are you averaging. Its more likely the bolus that would be better with 1/2 unit.

D

Deleted member 83869

Yep its 30. But the higher dosage you take the less chance of 1/2 a unit being needed...
How much bolus qtys are you averaging. Its more likely the bolus that would be better with 1/2 unit.
I could use the echo for bolus as I rarely inject over 20units for that it's just levemir....novo pen5????

M

mammamia2006

I have about 6 or 7 Echo pens and the same for clikstar.

I have had them for ages and havent actually started using either yet.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Novo 5 is same as echo but in 1u increments. Worth using for the Levemir. I use echo as my largest injection is about 5u of Novorapid. Have been using Novo 4 for Levemir but am getting to a point after gym sessions where I need 0.5u adjustments so Echo here we come!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm liking the Novo Echo but is it just for children?? As wherever I read about it, it mentions children! :(

The NovoPen Junior is a half unit pen and designed for children but the NovoPen Echo can be used by both adults and children and comes in different colours.

The Echo is by far the best pen I've ever used :)

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I love my echo's as I'm a bit scatty brained sometimes. Its good to be able to see last units given and time on the end .

Worst thing for me is remembering to prime the needles when I do my rare needle swaps!! At least I can check back to make sure I primed them as genuinely sometimes I forget whether I have or not. Especially changing both needles at the same time!!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I love my echo's as I'm a bit scatty brained sometimes. Its good to be able to see last units given and time on the end .

That is what I like about the pen DD, the memory function is great for those moments of doubt:)

TooMuchGlucose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been using mine for a couple of weeks now and I think it's great I was forgetting how much insulin I'd injected at least twice a week so the memory function really helps. My doctor didn't have much of a problem with giving me one and I'm an adult.

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
And you can ask for them in either red or blue to differentiate between basal and bolus... Although initially going back to mdi I did also have to use a permanent marker as a reminder and write basal on one and bolus on the other!! Lol:) muddle age forgetfulness!!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
View attachment 15638

Oh yes we do need them!!

Yes we do, I have a 1/2 unit novo nordisk 3 ml penfil and when I asked for a spare on prescription( a back up) my pharmacy rang me and informed me that they cannot get one for me, so I need to tell my DSN when I see her at the end of the month, so I may get one of these Echo's ?

D

Deleted member 83869

The NovoPen Junior is a half unit pen and designed for children but the NovoPen Echo can be used by both adults and children and comes in different colours.

The Echo is by far the best pen I've ever used :)
I started off on the novopen junior loved that pen! I just want a new one I don't mind the novopen4 Which is what I've got at the moment but I want something newer....I'm terrible lol! After all we've got to live with it so gotta "enjoy" it somehow! Also is there not a pen that does more than 30 units????

D

Deleted member 83869

And you can ask for them in either red or blue to differentiate between basal and bolus... Although initially going back to mdi I did also have to use a permanent marker as a reminder and write basal on one and bolus on the other!! Lol:) muddle age forgetfulness!!
They do free skins for them aswell!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1442088571.959338.jpg

D

Deleted member 83869

Ps that is the echo but that's what came up when I googled the novo 5 lol