• Start Date

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Love the orange!!

Reactions: 2 people

TooMuchGlucose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I found some country skins, had to include this because it has Canada :) sadly couldn't find an England one though :(

Also I think NovoPen Echo may be cheaper in the long run I saw on Amazon it costs £43 obviously the NHS get it cheaper, I know that a five pack of NovoRapid pre-filled costs £30 as I caught I glimpse on my GPs screen when ordering it once :p It's the same insulin in both pens, but the pre-filled pens themselves must cost a few pound to produce a pack of five and average this over the 4-5 years the memory of the Echo pen lasts it will prove very cost effective.

So they really should give you one :)

novo pen echo country skins 1.jpg

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Envy.. I want different coloured and designed pens now!!!

D

Deleted member 83869

I found some country skins, had to include this because it has Canada :) sadly couldn't find an England one though :(

Also I think NovoPen Echo may be cheaper in the long run I saw on Amazon it costs £43 obviously the NHS get it cheaper, I know that a five pack of NovoRapid pre-filled costs £30 as I caught I glimpse on my GPs screen when ordering it once :p It's the same insulin in both pens, but the pre-filled pens themselves must cost a few pound to produce a pack of five and average this over the 4-5 years the memory of the Echo pen lasts it will prove very cost effective.

View attachment 15652
Are you canadian then?? Haha! Still doesnt answer my question about other pens that do more than 30u though :(

Reactions: 2 people

TooMuchGlucose

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you canadian then?? Haha! Still doesnt answer my question about other pens that do more than 30u though :(

No Canadian scientists Banting and Macleod were the first to use insulin for humans, I'm English :p

You could try contacting Novo Nordisk, I guess although the phone call might cost a bit :bored:

D

Deleted member 83869

No Canadian scientists Banting and Macleod were the first to use insulin for humans, I'm English :p

You could try contacting Novo Nordisk, I guess although the phone call might cost a bit :bored:
Oh haha i never knew that lol! Yes that is true or i can just google! Hehe

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 15652
where did you find these? i have an echo and id love to buy one

Jkoko56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the different coloured pens to differentiate the insulin being used but does anyone know a source of different-coloured cases? No open cases seem to be all blue but a lot of the others you can buy are just black. I'm always using them at the bottom of my bag!

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love the cases by myabetic! They are really nice and some look like clutch bags

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the different coloured pens to differentiate the insulin being used but does anyone know a source of different-coloured cases? No open cases seem to be all blue but a lot of the others you can buy are just black. I'm always using them at the bottom of my bag!

^^