Jason in Hollyoaks

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
I feel that Jason controls his type 1 diabetes not very well do any of you hollyokes fans agree

Reactions: 4 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
He's never really shown dealing with it at all. Early on, they used his diabetes for drama, but now they seem to have forgotten about it.

Sad because it would be a good opportunity to show diabetes in daily life.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
He's never really shown dealing with it at all. Early on, they used his diabetes for drama, but now they seem to have forgotten about it.

Typical soap opera :rolleyes:

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I feel that Jason controls his type 1 diabetes not very well do any of you hollyokes fans agree
I agree. I've never seen him test or inject.

I remember wondering how his levels were doing a few weeks ago when he was trapped in the river for ages with Robbie and Freddie without food or insulin. Could have turned nasty. They did mention he was type 1 when he was wheeled into the hospital. Apart from that, it is rarely mentioned. It was also ignored during his eating disorder storyline which was odd. A missed opportunity I reckon.

malky39

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have they started reusing story lines, back when Hollyoaks wasnt long started they had a story line about a lad with type 1, he used syringes etc. and they made it out as if everyone though the was one drug then a few weeks later it came out he was diabetec

Lunar_Lapin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This was a very long time ago but does anyone remember when he got stuck in a mini at the garage? He was having a hypo (I assume) and stuck in the car. The camera then panned over to show the insulin before he passed out... I remember it clearly as I had just been diagnosed and was thinking he would have needed glucose not insulin!! I was incredibly annoyed as I felt anyone watching could remember that and if they ever ended up in a situation with a poorly diabetic would not have a clue! I don't watch any more but never remember seeing him test either...

D

Deleted member 83869

This was a very long time ago but does anyone remember when he got stuck in a mini at the garage? He was having a hypo (I assume) and stuck in the car. The camera then panned over to show the insulin before he passed out... I remember it clearly as I had just been diagnosed and was thinking he would have needed glucose not insulin!! I was incredibly annoyed as I felt anyone watching could remember that and if they ever ended up in a situation with a poorly diabetic would not have a clue! I don't watch any more but never remember seeing him test either...
Yeah I remember that too! I watch hollyoaks but that programmes annoys me so much hahah! Especially him being a "police officer" hahaa

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I don't think Jason is a good representation of a person with type 1. On the plus side though, he hasn't murdered anyone. Not a lot of people in the village can say that! :D