What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B Scrambled eggs, babyleaf spinach (got to use the dam' stuff up), cherry tomatoes, cheddar, mayo
L Lidl high-protein roll, babyleaf spinach :***:, mayo, beetroot, cheddar
D "good" sausages, bacon, spicy tomato 'n' onion sauce, butternut squash, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms
S May be babyleaf spinach, you won't be surprised to hear
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Thank you for that laugh...

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, breakfast was 2 slices livlife toasted with a fried egg, dinner is going to be an experiment consisting of cod cheeks poached in a sauce made from tinned tomatoes, chilli, onions, garlic, celery and 1/2 tin of cannellini beans. It`s fairly low carb, let`s just hope it tastes ok!

Reactions: 4 people

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The noodles, from Morrisons, Blue Dragon, they weren't dried, (0.1 carbs per 100 gr) they were in a double plastic bag and had to be drained, even after 1/2 hour in a sieve, they were still quite wet, and splattered in the pan with the other veg. Not quite sure, I think these were about £1.50 to serve 2 (small portions, I'd say)

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I might try those organic ones, but my hopes are not big ;)

pam_x_pam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi... sorry to be so long getting back to you... If you feel awful after beginning to low-carb you probably have ketosis flu!! When you first start seriously low-carb-high-fat you feel dreadful... aching bones and all.... after a couple of days it should go away and you'll feel amazing with luck... :)
I'm not any better unfortunately. Going to see my doctor on Tuesday to get my blood results back for lupus screen and I will talk to him about my stomach issues. It's ridiculous. I haven't eaten much in two days and it hasn't gotten any better it just feels like constant stomach flu... I am starting to doubt if it's to do with diet changes as I had some "normal " high carb food and it only made it worse. Ah well... I'm not giving up anyways :)

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, breakfast was 2 slices livlife toasted with a fried egg, dinner is going to be an experiment consisting of cod cheeks poached in a sauce made from tinned tomatoes, chilli, onions, garlic, celery and 1/2 tin of cannellini beans. It`s fairly low carb, let`s just hope it tastes ok!

I love the sound of your meal, I hope you enjoy it. I've looked for the Livlife bread in Tesco & Morrisons, but it's not there. My Morrison bread man (looked like he actually did baking) said he'd never heard of it. Any other suggested places, please?

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. End crust of BURGEN loaf, buttered with Marmite. Tea
S. Fresh coffee & cream
L. 4 quality chipolatas, 2 large mushrooms, shredded Savoy cabbage, cooked with. chopped onion, cumin & Mustard seeds. Small measure of red wine.
S. Tea & 3 Rich Tea biscuits
Eve: A bit later on......Ryvita, cheddar & pickles

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: a divine breakfast omelette at a local pub that opens at 9.30 on Sundays for the breakfast trade. Egg, diced sausage, bacon, maybe 2 new potatoes, black pudding, tomatoes, cheese and a slice of thick cut toast that i slid onto my friend's plate. Good coffee too.
L: no lunch
D: will be a Tescos 3 bird roast with sugasnaps, caulicheese and roast peppers. Can't wait!

- edited to add: the roast was very very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went out for a family meal for the first time today since low carbing. The restaurant was perfect. There was a buffet style starter selection, with loads of low carb options, then a carvery. Again it was easy to stick to plan - I just had meat and veg with gravy - no yorkshire pud, spuds or apple sauce.
I did have dessert - sultana sponge with ice cream. The ice cream portion was tiny so I ate it all, then just nibbled about a 5th of the sponge, just to have a taster really. I even ate a thorntons mint fudge chocolate over coffee. BG's when I got home were less than they were before I set off.
It's made me feel much better, knowing that I can have an occasional treat without it causing problems. And because its so long since I had anything dessert like I was completely happy with the small amount I had.

Reactions: 6 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Thanks @4ratbags for pavlova info, does mixture peak OK when whipped?

B. 1 slice Burgen toast & cheese slice
L. 1 Lidls HP roll split, toasted& buttered topped with grilled bacon & fried egg
D. Gammon steak with butter mustard dressing, broccoli cheese sauce plain omelette, few strawberries + double cream
S. Almonds, 3 walnut halves 1oz double Gloucester cheese with chives

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - whey protein pancake with dark chocolate cream sauce
L - bacon and veg soup with half a lidl roll
D - roast chicken with bacon and prom stuffing balls, with fried sprouts and creamy cream cheese veg bake

Reactions: 2 people

Mongolia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: blueberries with left over cold custard
L: cheese; chocolate chip scone with peanut butter and clotted cream. Peanut butter and clotted cream a great combination. Who knew?!!
D: To pub for dinner with friend. They had run out of roast chicken:( Instead had poached haddock with poached egg, spinach, tomato and chive cream sauce and champ which was rather naughty but delicious. Ooh also had small glass of red wine :oops: Not had one of those since diagnosis almost 1 year ago. Haven't tested levels all day. Sure I have had too many carbs today:wideyed: but will get back on it tomorrow!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B Pancakes! With almond flour, half a dozen stacked & kept warm with lemon juice and xylitol, light and scrummy! Great colour too -- comforting just to look at.
L Cafe, egg-bacon-mushrooms-tomato-coffee-£4 (25% less than whole shebang). Forgot to ask for black coffee :facepalm:
D Onion, butternut squash, wholegrain mustard & cream cheese mash topped with pepperoni slices & mozzarella, melted under grill.
S Warmed berries, cold yoghurt
Tomorrow: must eat some greens.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@lizanne yes its peaks just like normal pav, just make sure not to get carried away eating the mixture like I did :D

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I might try those organic ones, but my hopes are not big ;)
Hi Munkki, I hope you don't mind me butting in, but you can make 'noodles/pasta' as a vehicle for your favourite sauces by either using a potato peeler or a 'noodle maker', from courgettes or even carrots... just peel down in long, thin strips... you can blanche or, as I like to do, fry quickly in butter and garlic powder... They are lush, I promise, and I don't miss pasta at all now... brilliant with Thai green curry...

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday

B: coffee n cream

L: 2 eggs n cream, coffee n cream

D: steak, cauliflour, peri peri mayo

S: peanuts, coffee n cream, ham, cheese, peri peri mayo, rest of sf pavlova

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream, 4 egg yolks n cream

L: coffee n cream, cheese, chicken thigh

D: creamy broccoli, chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and cheese, wrapped in bacon

S: mini red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting (oops), peanuts

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Two scrambled eggs with butter and cream, two buttered slices of my perfected 'bread'
Cauliflower 'mash' and beef, garlic and onion stew with cabbage
Small portion of my vegetable bake - aubergine, baby marrow sliced lengthwise, slices of cauliflower and fennel, sliced garlic clove and halved cherry tomatoes on the top... cream cheese, mascarpone and a little coconut milk, nutmeg and salt, beaten together and poured over - grating of cheddar on the top... baked at 180 for 40 minutes... very nice too and so easy to sleep on I found... A sort of meatless moussaka..
Two chocolate almonds and a glass of Merlot....

My goodness, I ate a lot yesterday... :) It was a long day - I was up at 5 in my defence....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm not any better unfortunately. Going to see my doctor on Tuesday to get my blood results back for lupus screen and I will talk to him about my stomach issues. It's ridiculous. I haven't eaten much in two days and it hasn't gotten any better it just feels like constant stomach flu... I am starting to doubt if it's to do with diet changes as I had some "normal " high carb food and it only made it worse. Ah well... I'm not giving up anyways :)

I hope you feel better really soon.... good luck at the doctors... I read some research that said Vit B12 can help with Lupus symptoms? I do hope it comes back negative...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: blueberries with left over cold custard
L: cheese; chocolate chip scone with peanut butter and clotted cream. Peanut butter and clotted cream a great combination. Who knew?!!
D: To pub for dinner with friend. They had run out of roast chicken:( Instead had poached haddock with poached egg, spinach, tomato and chive cream sauce and champ which was rather naughty but delicious. Ooh also had small glass of red wine :oops: Not had one of those since diagnosis almost 1 year ago. Haven't tested levels all day. Sure I have had too many carbs today:wideyed: but will get back on it tomorrow!
Hi... red wine in moderation, of course, is good for you and will help control your numbers... don't feel guilty.. :)