Hypoband

Kerri79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I've had my hypoband set up for 3wks now.
Fortunate for me I've not had a severe hypo for a while.
Unfortunately for the trial I've not really been able to retell any experiences.
I'm still intrigued to see how this will work.

Reactions: 2 people

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Me too, had a few night hypos but not using hypoband. I always seem to wake if between 3 and 3.5 before full on sweat which I think hypoband alerts. Wonder which would work first, me or the band ??

Kerri79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Me too, had a few night hypos but not using hypoband. I always seem to wake if between 3 and 3.5 before full on sweat which I think hypoband alerts. Wonder which would work first, me or the band ??
I know this may sound silly but my wrists don't tend to sweat when having a hypo so intrigued to see if it will detect my hypos?

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you not had a hypo in the 3 weeks since set up ? If not well done you, I seem to have a hypo or low at least once a week lol

Kerri79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you not had a hypo in the 3 weeks since set up ? If not well done you, I seem to have a hypo or low at least once a week lol
I normally have a severe hypo on a weekly basis but have no warning signs now.
My husband has to use the Glucogan injection to bring me back round.
But I'm currently 7 months pregnant and am running my sugars a little higher than normal so haven't had a hypo for 8 wks now. But still wear the 'HypoBand' at nights.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I normally have a severe hypo on a weekly basis but have no warning signs now.
My husband has to use the Glucogan injection to bring me back round.
But I'm currently 7 months pregnant and am running my sugars a little higher than normal so haven't had a hypo for 8 wks now. But still wear the 'HypoBand' at nights.

Congratulations, hopefully if you do the hypo band will will work.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
from what I read in the Hypoband thread even if you have no warning signs the band still picks up on this as your body's temp drops even if you do not get the sweats. I personally have not used it as of yet but hope to in the future.

Hope all goes well with the pregnancy btw

Reactions: 2 people

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Kerri79, thank you very much for posting a review and firstly all at HypoBand UK hope your pregnancy goes well.

Its great to read that you have such great control on your blood sugar levels and still wearing the HypoBand at night. I am not sure if you are 'logging' your data at the HypoBand cloud, as this would give reassurance, assistance and advise, with regard your skin temperature and relative humidity whilst asleep. Therefore, provide a clearer understanding of the pattern and timings.

Again, thank you very much for the posting and we at HypoBand UK are always available if you require any assistance.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @brett, Thank you for your posting. As you suffer from a hypo at least once a week but you are lucky as you do recognize your symptoms, it would be interesting to see which will trigger first.

The HypoBand detects and monitors your skin temperature and humidity whilst you are asleep. If you experience a cold sweat, the HypoBand will trigger and alert family members to provide urgent assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stikievicki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi. Im new here and have just seen about th hypoband. Somewhere i read about a trial for these. I regularly have cold sweats during the night. Sometimes on a nightly basis. Is there any way i can be included into a trial for these?

Nicnack

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi im also new year and am suffering quite a lot with hypo's is there anyway I could get one of these as I think it would really help me.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Stikievicki Thank you for the posting and welcome to the forum.

As you suffer from cold sweats and the majority at night time, please visit our website at http://www.hypoband.co.uk/ for more details relating to the HypoBand and its functions. The HypoBand would defiantly give benefit to you as it will monitor you whilst asleep and alert you and your loved ones when you require assistance.

You might also wish to visit http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/hypoband-the-cold-sweat-alarm.84403/page-6 where you can read the reviews posted by users of the HypoBand.

I trust this helps and if you require any further help, please don't hesitate to private message us.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi @Nicnack welcome to the forum.

What are your common symptoms when you suffer from hypos?

Please visit our website at http://www.hypoband.co.uk/ for more details relating to the HypoBand and its functions. The HypoBand monitors you whilst asleep and alert you and your loved ones when you require assistance because of a hypo.