Omnipod pump

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
In February;2016 I'm going on to the omnipod I am just wondering how it work...........................................

Kazlow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The cold
Hi just wanted to say I've been on the omnipod pump for year and half now. It's the best thing ever in my opinion. I have severe complications due to my diabetes and since using it I've not had many high sugars. It keeps me much more stable. I used to always run between 30-HI everyday on injections but now apart from the occasional twenty I run at 10-12 which actually is good considering my complications. I love the pod especially as it's tubeless. Runs on bluetooth, I think. Takes a bit of getting used to but it is great. I hope you like it and get used to it. Good luck ☺

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Seem unable to find site I used to write on .
Have been using omnipod since August recently finding my ratio set seems to be causing some hypos however always ensure carbs are correct. Is it likely on pump that ratios( mine currently 1-5carbs. ) may reduce after several months? Has anyone experienced this? Unsure whether to reduce ratio as trying to avoid highs.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@Heathero, possible but more than likely your basal needs have changed and need adjusting, do a few basal checks to make sure your basal rates are right then you can look at your I:C ratio's if your still having hypo's.

Reactions: 4 people