What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the sound of your meal, I hope you enjoy it. I've looked for the Livlife bread in Tesco & Morrisons, but it's not there. My Morrison bread man (looked like he actually did baking) said he'd never heard of it. Any other suggested places, please?
Hi, I got mine from waitrose.

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
plate of porridge for me. And coffee of course.

Are you low-carbing? Porridge spikes me badly... and most people I believe... did you test before and two hours after to see what it does to you? Maybe your meds cope with it though....

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have porridge most mornings with chia & ground flax, cream & Truvia, sometimes a small amount of cran or blueberries...after 3 hours, I'm desperately looking for more food. We are all different, aren't we? I have 1/4 cup measure of dried oats.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I occasionally have oats in a similar combination of fruit & fat to @MARGAR's without a problem, but it fills me up nicely. Yes, we are all different.

pam_x_pam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you feel better really soon.... good luck at the doctors... I read some research that said Vit B12 can help with Lupus symptoms? I do hope it comes back negative...
Thanks. I had two tests do e before and both positive so I'm not hoping for much this time around.
I will live surly :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I am getting out of my food rut today:
Breakfast: Black coffee
Lunch: I've made an enormous pan of home made chicken, cauli, fennel, baby leek and cavallo nero soup which will last me all week. Most of the veg was fresh from my garden. :) I will be eating (drinking?) this with half a lidl protein roll and a dessert spoon of some truffle infused oil I got from lidl.
Work tea: Ham and egg with romaine lettuce and three cherry tomatoes, one pickled baby beetroot and a tablespoon of hellmanns

24g of carbs total

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't eat porridge, it's one of those foods I used to love but since doing bg tests before eating, after one hour and after two hours I know it really spikes me, even up to three hours.

It would be a boring world if we were all the same.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream x2
L: tuna cheese, mayo, lettuce, tom, cuc, beetroot :yuck:, gherkin, coleslaw
S: 2 squares good choc
D: cold 3 bird roast :wacky: And veggies.

I may toy with a coyo later...

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. White coffee with sweetener.
L. Two chicken drumsticks.
T. Green tea with liquorice and spice infusion. One peanut butter cookie.
S. Two pork sausages, celeriac mash, spinach mornay, cauliflower and broccoli. 2 squares 73% cocoa dark chocolate. Royal Gala apple.
S. Some Sula mint humbugs and Werther non sugar butterscotch sweets during day.

After 9pm 1 or 2 187ml bottles of Australian Merlot. 2 babybels and a hoy pepperami.

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Munkki, I hope you don't mind me butting in, but you can make 'noodles/pasta' as a vehicle for your favourite sauces by either using a potato peeler or a 'noodle maker', from courgettes or even carrots... just peel down in long, thin strips... you can blanche or, as I like to do, fry quickly in butter and garlic powder... They are lush, I promise, and I don't miss pasta at all now... brilliant with Thai green curry...

Sounds amazing :hungry:, especially with butter, garlic and/or Thai green curry!

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. 2 fried eggs on slice BURGEN fried. 2 teas

L. 1 pork shoulder, with a tinned tomato sauce with chili beans

D. Fish & chips (ate 10 to 15 chips & 1/2 the batter on haddock!). 2 teas.

AliCat63

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Wasting Time & Reality TV Shows
Breakfast - Porridge made with skimmed milk.
Lunch - Grilled yellow pepper stuffed with a small amount of Cod, Curly Kale, Onion, Mushroom and topped with grated cheese.
Evening - 1/2 a chicken breast stir fried with bean sprouts, mushrooms, onion, green beans, Chinese 5 spice, soya sauce and a small amount of sesame oil

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Mushroom, Chorizo, Cheese 3 Egg Omelette & Tea
L: Handful of Pecans
D: Spaghetti Bolognese without the Spaghetti, shredded Savoy cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower.

trinity0097

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - whey protein pancake and choc cream
L - cream of broccoli soup, Cumberland sausage ring with green beans, coleslaw, tomato and cucumber
S - minced beef with coleslaw tomato and cucumber

Snack - goats milk ice cream and choc cream

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
B - Cup of tea
L- half Lidl HP roll with ham and mustard
D - Minced beef, green beans and celeriac mash (with a dollop of butter and some cream)

Snacks - Clementine, 4 squares of 74%dark choc spread over the afternoon and evening.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Working 3-10, so:
Breakfast: Black coffee
Lunch (at home: More of yesterday's soup with a few cannellini beans thrown in and, this time, some chilli oil to spice it up a bit.
Tea (at work): Romaine Lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes, a few slices of red onion and a pack (200g) of Asda Barbeque Chicken Breast slices and (maybe) some grated cheddar.
Supper: Haven't been enjoying it recently so didn't eat any yesterday and my fbg today was 4.7! So my cunning plan is to only have supper if I'm really, really hungry and in that case to just have a few walnuts and/or brazil nuts.

Reactions: 3 people

pam_x_pam

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So far I had 1/2 of wholegrain toast and 3 rashers. I was craving toast so badly. 7g of carbs tho!!!!

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. 1/4 cup measure of dried oats. + chia & crushed flax. Made with water, cream, stevia & blueberries. 2 teas.

L. 2 slices BURGEN sandwich of 4 chipolatas brown sauce. Tea

D. Will be chicken thighs + lots of veggies

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried my own version of @DeejayR Groats....30g Oats soaked overnight, 10g Flaxseed with Butter & Double Cream

Smoked Mackerel Pate & Coyo Yoghurt

Red Thai Chicken Curry with Savoy Cabbage & Broccoli

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream x2
L: crustless quiche
S: 2 squares good choc and then, later, a lc hot choc
D: chicken curry using a Tescos paste, onion, aubergine, tomato and peppers, with lime and coconut cauli rice.

Ye Gods, i have to ease up on the spices.
My entire digestive tract is burning as it works its way through.

I have sent berries and cream down after it in the hope of salving the 3rd degree burns.
Never again.

Reactions: 5 people