Winter Keepy Uppies Type 2.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jamrox A fine demolition job there. We may be doing similar after Xmas when we move. At any rate there'll be plenty of decorating to do.
@Pipp 30 minutes a day -- I can do that. Thanks for the wake-up call.

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Into the big scary gym. 20 mins total, using 2kg hand weights for biceps and triceps curls, hand cycle, and even managed to pedal on a cycle machine (aka a numb bum machine) for 2 mins. Followed by an hour long aquafit session, and a gentle cool down 20 mins swim.
15 mins brisk walk holding on to supermarket trolley completed the activities. I have had my power nap, so will finish the day with some light housework.
Feeling good.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
^^^^^^^^^^^
Same as yesterday.
Tomorrow will be a much dreaded activity. Shopping for the very few presents I intend to buy. Not my idea of fun.

Reactions: 2 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everybody. Sorry I haven't been around but other things seemed to get in the way! Anyway 30 minutes swimming yesterday . Today..... 1 hour and 5 minutes swimming breast stroke and swam the equivalent of 50 lengths! :)

I hope everyone has had a good day :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done @mo53 that is a fair distance.

Stayed away from gym and pool today. Walked for over two hours, shopping for a few Christmas presents. Then had my hair done. I so want to go back to the swimming pool tomorrow, but that would mean I wasted my money at the salon. Not the sort of swimmer who can keep head out of water. Have to think of a different activity for tomorrow.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp I know exactly what you mean. I always have a few days off swimming after hair do. I think Christmas shopping is very energetic! Just getting into some shops requires a degree of ducking and diving!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Pipp I know exactly what you mean. I always have a few days off swimming after hair do. I think Christmas shopping is very energetic! Just getting into some shops requires a degree of ducking and diving!
I usually don't worry too much about my hairdo. My hairdresser knows I will destroy her work the next day, but I will be out at a concert with my daughter tomorrow. Some of her workmates will be there, and I don't want to look as though I am wearing a brillo pad on my head.
And yes, any sort of shopping requires a lot of effort by me. I had to sit down and rest between shops.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where are you all? Slacking?
Me too. No swimming pool or gym at the moment, but have walked further and faster than usual. Also followed a physio programme specifically for when I can't do aqua exercise. That includes arm exercises with 1kg weights, resistance bands, and stepping. Will vary with some Pilates tomorrow if I get bored.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I am back at it Pipp .
Didn't have much time during kitchen refurb but have done 5k walking for last 2 nights . Back lower carbing too after a week of takeaways which are the exact opposite to lower carb lol.

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Shopping is moving so definitely counts in my book.
Our bodies don't care if we are walking around a track or walking around a shop lol

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, I have been to rhe co-op for milk and newspaper, and walked around the store a bit. Nice level floor, dry, warm or if I overheat with the exertion cool down the aisle with the dairy produce and meat. Ideal for circuit walking.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am doing my keepy-uppies but am not around very much atm. We are moving house soon. It's all of 247 yards away but we will do it by degrees from the 18th until mid-Jan, starting with cleaning and redecorating the new place and then sorting all the stuff in our loft which we've forgotten about. I think this plus daily shopping on foot with a rucksack will count as basic exercise. The allotment is pretty much asleep.
I have bought a hi-viz jacket with fleece lining for walking in the lanes around here in winter. I feel more confident that if drivers see me they will either avoid me or make a nice quick job of running me over.
Carry on, bravehearts.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds like you are keeping up, goodstyle.
Good luck with the move and the sorting. Hope your new home will be a happy one.

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello. I have been walking and weight training ie Christmas shopping! Lol but I am pleased to say I swam for 35 minutes today with 21 equivalent lengths. :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Looks like we 've all been busy .
It actually stopped raining sshhh better not say that too loud lol.
40 minute walk to the local
Tesco and carried some shopping back .
DeejayR don't envy the moving

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay, blue skies here too. Inspired me to go t and walk around buying someladt minute gifts. More than enough of that kind of activity / exercise for me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rainy again, but went for short walk between showers.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Heavy rain and freezing wind had me wanting to hibernate yesterday, but I cleaned the house instead. Then relaxed with 30 mins Pilates moves.

Today is bright, cold and frosty, but dry. So I have had a short walk, and will take another after dinner.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Walked a bit, cleaned some windows, inside.
Found some small, 1kg hand weights and did some arm exercises.

Talk to myself a lot. Exercises my jaws.