Type 2 but love eating loads of chocolate

S

Sean01

People who crave sugar and chocolate are often deficient in Chromium and Magnesium. It might be worth trying some supplements to help.
I once read that eating pears can stop craving for chocolate. It worked for me one - pre diabetes. I don't like fresh pears so I ate tinned ones. It didn't put me off chocolate. I just didn't have nay feelings towards it at all. I never remember where I read this and nobody believes me, but it worked - but probably not a got idea for diabetics. Must be something in the pears.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I once read that eating pears can stop craving for chocolate. It worked for me one - pre diabetes. I don't like fresh pears so I ate tinned ones. It didn't put me off chocolate. I just didn't have nay feelings towards it at all. I never remember where I read this and nobody believes me, but it worked - but probably not a got idea for diabetics. Must be something in the pears.
Hi Sean... that's interesting... why pears? But, with the amount of natural sugar and syrup in the canned pears, maybe you were just replacing one source of sugar with another? I wonder if anyone else has tried pears? As long as you didn't become addicted to pears though!! :)

Reactions: 2 people

maryphill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel for you. You know you need to cut back but knowing what you need to do is not always enough even with the best will . Do you have someone close that can support you as you change your eating habits? I also love chocolate and find if I don't have it around I can go ages without touching it. Sadly I have someone that keeps on bringing it into the house so I now limit myself to 50grams a day but it is hard. I do understand your pain. I wish you every success.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sean01

Hi Sean... that's interesting... why pears? But, with the amount of natural sugar and syrup in the canned pears, maybe you were just replacing one source of sugar with another? I wonder if anyone else has tried pears? As long as you didn't become addicted to pears though!! :)
I was alright. I hate pears. I just ate them long enough to not want choclit but something happens and boom - drowning in choclit again. Luckliy, when I got diagnosed I read up on every single complication. Two things scarred the **** out of me - being a blind and trying too walk my daughters down the aisle with no feet. That was enough.

Netty67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all im type 2 hate Chocolate (shocking I know lol) but love mints, take metformin 1000mg twice a day eat well apart from the occasional chip(once a month) but find it very hard to lose weight any suggestions?
Netty x

Catlady19

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
recognising that you have an addiction is the first step .. chocolate and carbs are both highly addictive.. I gave up smoking by going cold turkey .. it was hell for a few weeks ..then it was fine .. could you try eating something else .. suggestion try raw chestnut mushrooms in place of your chocolate time.. chocolate is not your friend

Sorry @Enclave, I know you are trying to help, but mushrooms? I am sorry, but they don't come anywhere close to chocolate!! ;)

Hi have been a type 2 diabetic for 12 yrs,I take 6 tablets a day I have the red dots in the back of my eyes and I am loosing the nerve endings in my feet,the thing is that I am a chocoholic I eat roughly 300gram bar of chocolate a day and I am addicted to it need help
I am a chocoholic too, but 300g? If you can't go cold turkey, at least try reducing it. Buy smaller bars or try dark chocolate - it doesn't have as much carbs and you can't eat as much.