T2 & Sleep

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
I just wonder how many people find that their blood sugars are quite high then try to go to sleep and just can't get off I was diagnosed in 2009 and not long after being diagnosed I had this problem and went to see a gp who was about to retire and he said to me 'that's a wake up call for you he said you should never try to go to bed until at least an hour preferably longer' he of course was right I say this now cos the festive season is right upon us I actually am retired I actually retired I'll health 20yrs ago so I can plan food easier than when working especially shift workers that was my job I'd be really interested in people's thought on this

chinta

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven't slept well for months and then two weeks ago I was diagnosed with t2 diabetes with a FBS of 22. I have found it easier to sleep this week and am having less disturbed sleep and my bs is down to 10.6, so sounds like you're right!

Reactions: 2 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,ve always had and still have problems with all sleep. On average, I get around 4 hours sleep a night

Munkki

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sing controlling my blood sugars, I sleep better, am less tired during the day and find that I need less sleep.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My problem is waking up on these dark winter mornings :(
CAROL

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wake up at least every 2hours, I feel exhausted, have type two diagnosed in May
Should I get something off doc for sleep do you think?

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
Go see your gp & also involve your diabetic nurse & they will recommend the best way forward I've got a drug that helps me sleep I drop off in around 20mins hope this helps

Magsx1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Go see your gp & also involve your diabetic nurse & they will recommend the best way forward I've got a drug that helps me sleep I drop off in around 20mins hope this helps
Thank you I will. If you don't mind me asking what drug did they give you and are you in the UK?

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you I will. If you don't mind me asking what drug did they give you and are you in the UK?
Yes I live in UK the drug is Amitriptyline 50mg there is also a 25mg it helps with my sleep I take mine around 10.30pm but because I'm retired on I'll health I go to bed between 1pm & 2pm and I'm asleep within 20mins obviously if you want to take it nearer when you go to bed take it between 45mins & a hour before hand hope this helps