Type 2 Life

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent result, basically it means you have excellent control and your average BS is 4.7. Well done you're doing amazing.

Reactions: 6 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
Had my first Hypo last night :eek: woke at midnight with a weird feeling and stomach ache then my left hand started shaking, tested at 3.2. All because I was expecting a high carb meal last night and took an extra unit of insulin, the meal wasn't as high carb as I thought, Hunters chicken and veg for main and plum crumble for pud. the crumble was made specially for me from a diabetic recipe. rolled oats instead of flour and butter and no sugar just a drizzle of honey. 2 glasses of white wine to make things worse. A couple of jelly babies and 10 minutes later felt fine, was going to test again but fell asleep and when I woke at 8 it was 5.1

Re the above its something in the plum crumble mixed with alcohol. Had the leftover last night and just before bed had the mild stomach ache, when I tested BG it was 4.4 so had a jelly baby, and within ten minutes stomach ache went away, BG went up to 5, this morning it was 4.6.
Ingredients of the crumble are rolled oats, pumpkin seeds, wholemeal breadcrumbs, fruit juice, honey, plums. banana,
Anyone have any idea what could be doing this?
it only happens if I have a drink with it, as I have eaten it without alcohol with no noticeable effect.

Reactions: 2 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi BJ

Several people have reported that various types of wine actually seem to reduce FBG levels, so I would guess that you have over - compensated for a problem which in itself was as big a problem as you thought it was going to be.

I have no experience of insulin but I do drink too much.

My experience is that real ales, bitters are bad for my FBG levels, strong lagers less so, while wine and spirits actually seem to reduce them, but I am definitey NOT advocating a high alcohol diet......

I have trouble with exercise too - neuropathy in my feet and a bad knee make walking difficult even in decent weather so i have just got an exercise bike.

So far, all I have learned is just HOW unfit I had got......

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning a high 6.2 this morning got a sore throat and sniffles:rolleyes:. See what happens over the weekend

Reactions: 4 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A predictable 7.0 this morning. I have to have a late dinner with extra insulin to beat my liver. I'm swaying all week. Should I ask to come off humulin m3 mix and ask for seperate insulin to combat this since I may have nerve damage from 7.8+ bgs? My appointment is early jan so not long to find out. Keep smiling.
My mother has still not accepted what diabetes is. One day the penny might drop. Until then I must have the same as her (arthritis or sciatica) MOTHER! :-\

Reactions: 7 people

bigjohn9916

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people who use abbreviations without explanation.
text speak.
Mothers don't you just luv em? if you could only put a bandage on it she'd be all sympathy:)
Never mind just say yes mum I love you.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 8.7 this morning after a painful evening as I was holding off co-codamol to have a comfortable night. 2 year olds first night in his own bed. He woke 3 times. I'm shattered. His dad is sleeping now so I can later. As soon as toddler has his nap I'm there too. :) :) :)

Reactions: 5 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @ickihun hope you're getting that sleep, so sorry to hear that you are still in pain and sleeplessness doesn't help the diabetes either. Hope the rest of the day is better for you- and a good, long, deep sleep tonight x

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Hi @loulou99782 trust your sore throat & sniffles didn't come to a head, I see that you're off to work today, so that s good. My hubby & oldest son have a viral fluey- type infection just now so I'm trying to keep my distance! Keep well x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @ickihun hope you're getting that sleep, so sorry to hear that you are still in pain and sleeplessness doesn't help the diabetes either. Hope the rest of the day is better for you- and a good, long, deep sleep tonight x
Thanks @13lizanne. I got my sleep eventually. Happy bunny now. Pain killers have kicked in nicely too. Thinking of what to make for the boys then I'll have mine. I did promise mince and dumplings but having sunday roast at mams tomorrow so I'll see. I have to cook some veg for me in a mo anyway. Dishes for daddy thou. lol

Reactions: 6 people