Regular moderate exercise log

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did my third run today. These runs are still walk-run-walk-run-walk etc, and I expect they will be for a while. But today I was a bit more conscientious and did a pre-run warm-up - I posted a video up-thread of dynamic stretches for running. And it made a huge difference in my comfort as I ran, and I managed to run more and enjoy it a bit more. However, on the way back home I was running against the wind, so there was a bit of a granny-shuffle going on then. :(
Nevertheless, I managed to beat my inner procrastinator into submission and do it so I feel good.

Reactions: 6 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling virtuous this evening because two days running I've been out for walks in weather that's made most people stay indoors. I arranged yesterday to meet up with some friends and in fact I was the only one who turned up! They all said the weather put them off but I managed to walk there and back in between downpours and clocked up 7,700 steps. Today I walked over 11,000 steps, again, managing to do it all between the bouts of rain without even planning it that way. Now I'm thinking I might have to buy better waterproofs to get through the winter. Another cost of diabetes they don't warn you about?

Reactions: 3 people

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Feeling virtuous this evening because two days running I've been out for walks in weather that's made most people stay indoors. I arranged yesterday to meet up with some friends and in fact I was the only one who turned up! They all said the weather put them off but I managed to walk there and back in between downpours and clocked up 7,700 steps. Today I walked over 11,000 steps, again, managing to do it all between the bouts of rain without even planning it that way. Now I'm thinking I might have to buy better waterproofs to get through the winter. Another cost of diabetes they don't warn you about?
Well done! And yes, I think we have to take on the US expression, "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes!"

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well done! And yes, I think we have to take on the US expression, "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes!"

I like that saying :)

There's something quite invigorating walking in the cold and rain.

Reactions: 2 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi all, have been moving, just not typing. Guys, long rainy walks and about an hour yesterday. Hope you are all well.

Reactions: 5 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well - congratulations to us all on not using the bad weather as an excuse! Seriously tempting though it is.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's a Victorian saying isn't it?

About 9000 steps walking around an oil terminal today and then an 8km run (that wasn't moderate)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
A kettlebell session this evening.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
All I did was housework today. Why DOES housework seem to burn off so much blood sugar? It's weird.

Reactions: 6 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
All I did was housework today. Why DOES housework seem to burn off so much blood sugar? It's weird.
Always gets me too. I probably should do more... ;)

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

With me, I'm sure it's because I go for weeks without doing any at all and then almost have to do a spring clean to see clean surfaces again! But seriously - mood affects BS, doesn't it? Does the battle between anger and virtue do me good?

Sweet-Blood

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The rain.
I like a bit of exercise... up one.. two.. down one.. two,.. and then the other sock.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
With me, I'm sure it's because I go for weeks without doing any at all and then almost have to do a spring clean to see clean surfaces again! But seriously - mood affects BS, doesn't it? Does the battle between anger and virtue do me good?
I usually do little and often for housework too, though. I think it may he because my basal rate and boluses are set for a relatively immobile state. For sport I make alterations, but for housework I just get up and start doing it with no preparations..... And find myself in Hypoland. I think for anyone on insulin or similar medication, as soon as you have things tuned to perfection, any slight deviation from routine can cost a hypo, or more carbs to head it off.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Homework gets lumped into my weekends or day off (ha, ha) so like Jennifer I do chunks. Then get low. No one tells you to test during cleaning...

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4 miles walking today. At least it's dry and not too cold again. I am enjoying my short walk after supper just round the block but looking at the Christmas decorations gives me something to enjoy.