The SCREAM thread

C

chris lowe

I had a xmas present scream last week. My DIL had asked me to buy a toy tea set/ tray for the little one so I ordered a really pretty one complete with cakes and sugar cubes (wooden) I told him it was different to the one they asked for but it was the same price. Then speaking to DIL she says it's to go on a tea trolly which is oblong and of course...I bought a round one which won't fit! Wouldn't you think, having seen it he would have realised it was the wrong shape and said something? DIL picking the other one up today but I now have a £20 toy and no other little girl to give it too. MEN!!!!
Card in local paper shop??

Reactions: 8 people
C

chris lowe

The thing is Jan, that if my dad doesnt like something, he doesnt give two hoots in tellling the person who gave it to him that. He did that last christmas to my boys. They saved up and brought him something off their own backs and he didnt have the decency to even say thankyou to them for it. When i asked him about his present he was very nasty and rude saying he didnt like it and dont buy him anything like that again. It caused quite a row between us. I told him how rude and nasty it was to say something like that especially as the boys had chosen and paid for it themselves. i also told him that if that was how he felt then the boys will not be buying him a present again from them.. So this year he's only getting a present from us all, nothing from the boys and i'm not backing down. He keeps askng the boys if he's getting a present from them this year and it puts them on the spot, so they say they dont know speak tto mum. My father is very cantankerous and he sulks like a baby if he doesnt get his own way
Bit of a Grinch then

C

chris lowe

o_OView attachment 16608 I teach piano and a 4 year old pupil is very shy has not spoken me all term is struggling in her 15 minute lesson. I phoned up her mother to say I think it was best to wait at least a year before she starts lessons. The mother said she works best when she has a stuffed toy to work through. She had bought a toy in and she did work well. The following week she brought 2 in with her and she started hitting me, gently with them. I said not to do that and why didn't she put them on top of the piano so they could look down and see what she was doing? The mother said to me 'well she wouldn't work for you as I had admonished her'. Some people!
Time to hand her over to another teacher? Some parents are worse than the children. Obviously you haven't realised that this child is the new Andrew Preview (Morcambe & Wise)

Reactions: 7 people
C

chris lowe

Having had a think since you last mentioned this I suggest you ask your Dad what he want's for Christmas and then either say no cos you don't like it or just buy him something as far different as you possibly can then when he looks surprised tell him you didn't like what he'd asked for.......
:hilarious::hilarious: but maybe not for Nicola B70 when he opens the present.

S

Sable_Jan

Time to hand her over to another teacher? Some parents are worse than the children. Obviously you haven't realised that this child is the new Andrew Preview (Morcambe & Wise)
Uncanny. Watching a DVD of Carry On CHRISTMAS specials which started with the Thames? Logo/music and first thing that came to mind was Here they are now Morecambe & Wise sung to the tune of course ;)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Late afternoon, went over to bus stop, I have two choices, so choose to go on a bus to take me to the bus station, bus did eventually turn up, then thought should I get off at rail station and walk, but no, I HAD to go to the bus station. Walking up and down to find a bus, after 20 minutes saw a No 1, I thought, that'll do, but it's destination said, RAIL STATION, town centre.?? Asked driver where he was going, a bored blunt answer came back and I said, 'well on the front it says Rail station, town centre, he even didn't even bat an eyelid ( it was the right destination, but cut out a long stretch that I needed to get off at). Sat down and the bus didn't go where we all thought it should go, it went along a dual carriageway :eek: driver didn't tell us why, but another passenger further back said she heard there was an accident at the top of town:( so I ended up at B&Q, with a walk home, in the dark, under two subways and then two bl***y buses went past me,
Give me strength, why do the bus drivers have to be so rude and indifferent, all he had say is, " Sorry folks we will have to take a detour, because of an accident at the top of town," simples, but oh no :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
( I'm sure Mr Clive would of informed his passengers) at least the smilies are now working............................ Need to chill out :cool::cool: I think I should take up alcohol...............:rolleyes:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Late afternoon, went over to bus stop, I have two choices, so choose to go on a bus to take me to the bus station, bus did eventually turn up, then thought should I get off at rail station and walk, but no, I HAD to go to the bus station. Walking up and down to find a bus, after 20 minutes saw a No 1, I thought, that'll do, but it's destination said, RAIL STATION, town centre.?? Asked driver where he was going, a bored blunt answer came back and I said, 'well on the front it says Rail station, town centre, he even didn't even bat an eyelid ( it was the right destination, but cut out a long stretch that I needed to get off at). Sat down and the bus didn't go where we all thought it should go, it went along a dual carriageway :eek: driver didn't tell us why, but another passenger further back said she heard there was an accident at the top of town:( so I ended up at B&Q, with a walk home, in the dark, under two subways and then two bl***y buses went past me,
Give me strength, why do the bus drivers have to be so rude and indifferent, all he had say is, " Sorry folks we will have to take a detour, because of an accident at the top of town," simples, but oh no :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:
( I'm sure Mr Clive would of informed his passengers) at least the smilies are now working............................ Need to chill out :cool::cool: I think I should take up alcohol...............:rolleyes:
Goes without saying Rrb,v.i.p treatment all the way ,
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1448996934.841196.jpg
always clean and a ready smile for you RRB

Reactions: 5 people
N

NicolaB70

Aw, Nicola that is so sad for you. I really feel for your boys. My ex (sadly now deceased) would have loved anything that the the grandkids had gotten him just because they had got if for him
That's what I would of thought but sadly not. He's getting worse as he's getting older. Oh well never mind, maybe it might teach him to keep his mouth shut in future