Type 1 Diabetes and teenage years

ChelseyG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi my names Chelsey and I'm 16, i was just wondering as anyone got any tips for managing diabetes during teenage years. It can be so hard at time to keep having to check my blood and inject when I just want to live a normal, fun young life without the stress of diabetes. I eat way too much sugary food and sweets and its mainly because I'm surrounded by the 24/7. Sometimes its really hard to cope with so any advice or tips would be really appreciated:)

C

catherinecherub

Hello and welcome to the forum @ChelseyG.

I will bump your post up as there are plenty of Type1s who will give you some tips and answer any questions that you have.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome to the forum @ChelseyG.

Hopefully some of the younger members will reply to your thread soon, however there's a book that might be worth purchasing called Type 1 Diabetes in Children, Adolescents and Young Adults by Ragnar Hanas, by all accounts it's very good and will no doubt be full of tips and advice.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, do look at the recommended book and the other forums.

Post edited to remove advice which isn't appropriate to what the OP is asking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChelseyG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks so much for your reply I'll have a look for that book hopefully it helps thanks again:)