Lucky to have a fantastic Diabetic Team

KarenAdamson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Surprised when reading various Type 1 threads how unhelpful some people's Diabetes teams are and feel that I have to be thankful for how helpful my great Diabetes team are at Victoria Hospital in Fife. They really appreciate how different everybody is and help their patients to fit their treatment to their lifestyles whatever they may be. They really appreciate that everybody has their own life problems and may not be great at sticking to a strict diet so help them sort out a way that's suitable for them and realising that we are only human and helping us to find a way for us to take control of our lives ourself. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Reactions: 9 people

Fifilabonbon!

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds, shopping, intolerance, oneupmanship.
Surprised when reading various Type 1 threads how unhelpful some people's Diabetes teams are and feel that I have to be thankful for how helpful my great Diabetes team are at Victoria Hospital in Fife. They really appreciate how different everybody is and help their patients to fit their treatment to their lifestyles whatever they may be. They really appreciate that everybody has their own life problems and may not be great at sticking to a strict diet so help them sort out a way that's suitable for them and realising that we are only human and helping us to find a way for us to take control of our lives ourself. THANK YOU SO MUCH
Saw my Diabetes Practitioner today, and like you, Karen, I'm so lucky to have a great backup. She has been so supportive, and although I only see her every six months now I can ring or see her at any time if I'm worried. She fought for her patients to have meters for home testing, regular appointments and access to free gym classes, talks etc. Even my doctor who diagnosed me is diabetic and very understanding. Although I have floundered at times and feel overwhelmed, they bring me back to earth with good sense, solid support and understanding. You read comments on here from diabetics who don't have this and I feel very sorry for them.

Reactions: 4 people

Lingy16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Same.... My diabetic team at Ipswich hospital
Are awesome ...
Always have been in the 20 years I've been going

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Mine at MK are superb too!

YorkshireAli

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't speak highly enough of my team at James Cook University Hospital in Middlesbrough. I see the same consultant every time, so there's a consistency of care that makes a huge difference - you feel you're a person, rather than a number. I see them every four months at the moment, as there are a few issues to sort out, and the support I get is invaluable. It's so much easier to stay motivated when you feel they're on your side!

My local GP is terrific too - fully on board with low carb regime, which in my experience isn't that common.

I feel very lucky to have such excellent support - a big thank you to them all!

babsy2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Blood Tests Injections MRI Scans (particuarly) cooked white cabbage and Cornish Pasties
My diabetic team are fantastic I go to Bristol Royal Infirmary for retinopathy their out of this world (I'm virtually blind in right eye) their very patient with me as this is the part of T2 that worries me most my gp insists that all my appointments are double and I go once a month regardless and twice yearly to see diabetic nurse and four times yearly to see podiatrist