OK, so how much weight did you put on over Christmas?

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ladybird64, it's good that you're coming here, for the supportive environment, to focus when you can on your health, but also for the distraction and a good chuckle now and then. Some days, the best we can do is hang on...just hang on...

Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
ladybird64, it's good that you're coming here, for the supportive environment, to focus when you can on your health, but also for the distraction and a good chuckle now and then. Some days, the best we can do is hang on...just hang on...

Very true x

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I've now lost the 2lb I gained over Christmas. Not a huge amount but worth a little fist-pump.

Reactions: 17 people

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/8-week-blood-sugar-diet.89955/page-5#post-1036689
"But, Xmas time all rules were set aside, so downed good amount of rice and potatoes, besides my coffee [oh sugar!]. It took 4 weeks for me to shed those lbs. But after that weight loss stalled. So I need to further adjust my diet. One hope is that Ash Wednesday is nearing; Lent will help me to reach my goals by Easter."

Last week, I had to go Honolulu at a short notice and we had problems with food at job site. Particularly myself being a vegetarian. I got couple bags of tomatoes and cucumbers from a local store and put them on grill and ate them. Basically it was my diet, besides mixed-nuts [75g per day]. After 5 days on that type of diet; my weight remained same; energy levels are same. I must mention that I did not do any exercise all those 5 days; just a typical office/ sitting at a desk. - So my weight loss plateau is still going on.

Reactions: 2 people

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
see the pic below; my Goal 1 for the year 2016 - shed 12,000 calories in 30 days through explicit exercises. However, I failed to reach the set goal.
Dec0338.png

I set this goal on Dec 27, after realizing that I gained weight suddenly during Christmas. Whatever may be the reasons (read excuses) I fell short by 2.711 calories. From the pic it is clear that I averaged about 300 calories per day. Which means I would have needed nearly about 9 additional days to reach the goal. Then in my workout calender, there are 8 days I could not do any workout.

Only one good thing is - I could get rid of additional pounds that I gained over the Christmas; so, I reached to my weight where I was before Christmas.

I will set another goal [Goal 2 - on weight metrics] and see how that goes.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm hovering at 8 pounds over what I weighed three months ago. I was thinking last night, maybe it's due to eating a whole avocado instead of half with my salad with meat or poultry at lunch. Had half an avocado for the first time today. Will see if this makes a difference over the next month. At least my blood glucose is back to where it was before the holidays. :)