My low carb/IF Diet - BG and progress

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
MY BG After Coffee and cream, I did not consider it to be fasting, Normally I take it before eating or drinking.
Thanks for the encouragement 4ratbags.
I went off the rails about 2hrs back. I got a craving for something sweet.
There were some sweets at home made with sesame seeds and juggary, (some thing made with palm sugar.) I ate 6 of those BG would have gone up a lot. Does not feel like measuring it even. all my efforts last few dates are in vain.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@swarnag your efforts are never in vain, you should see when I go off the rails, it is much worse believe me, I completely self destruct before giving myself a slap and getting myself back on track. You will always have bumps in the road, it happens. Just pick yourself up and get back on track as soon as you are able, no one here will judge you so dont be too hard on yourself, it happens, keep your chin up, we are here to support you :)

Reactions: 4 people

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Thanks 4ratbags your support and encouragement means a lot. I have already picked myself up. Except for a peice of Green and black dark chocalate with after dinner tea which normally i have I haven't had any more sweets. I might check my bs before bed time.

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Hi debmcgee,may i welcome you to the forum,great to see you ,hope you get to grips with lchf regime,i've been on it now for 18 months and lost 58lbs so far( just 8lbs to go) bs's now averaging 4.0 mmols and bp down to 110/ 60 , so get stuck in
Hi,
You say now your readings are 4.0, wow, from howhigh did you come down from?
Did you have to cut out 80% +- of all sorts of carbs & sugar form your meals, are you on meds.
Newly dia. & can's seem to bring my BG down fast enough, am on Mets.
appreciate your advice

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi,
You say now your readings are 4.0, wow, from howhigh did you come down from?
Did you have to cut out 80% +- of all sorts of carbs & sugar form your meals, are you on meds.
Newly dia. & can's seem to bring my BG down fast enough, am on Mets.
appreciate your advice
Good morning DominicLaiYew, thankyou,initially i was 17st 8lbs and my bs at diagnosis was 28.6 mmols , doc' gave me the spiel about take these metformin am and pm lose weight...avoid sugary " things"
Well for the next three months i did as he said and got steadily worse...had a look arounnd on the internet and was so lucky to find this forum
Following the advices and encouragement from long time posters,i have completely turned my life around was first diagnosed sept' 14 and have been lchf since dec' 14
I am now free of the neuropathy i was getting in my feet,and have lost 58 lbs in weight by lchf and regular exercising am and pm
May i refer you to my 2 nd line of reference 1st being the knowlegable posters here!
2 nd is the book by Dr Richard Bernstein " Diabetes Solutions edition 4 "
He himself has been a t1 for over 55 yrs and his books are so enlightening and easy to understand
Please keep me posted of your progress and if there's anything i can do...post

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Last night before bed blood sugar 8,0 mili mollies per litre. Fasting this morning 6.0. dinner last night was quarter of a swede with butter. creamy cabbage,spinach and chick pea curry. cup of tea with cream and a green and black chocolate piece.
Debmcgee, I hope you don't mind me posting in your thread, Since I am trying todo the same thing I thought it is better to post in the same thread.
i forgot to mention i had about a quarter of a grape fruit and another cup of tea with full fat milk,
I feel for you with your back pain and difficulty in sleeping.
I had a similar problem few years back. Doctor gave me pregablin and amitriptallin. Recently she increased amitriptlin dose from 10mg to 25mgs

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Invade away!!! It's nice to have a support group.

I've been a bit naughty. I bake and was asked to make some cakes for a party. Initially I was strong and resisted but in the end, I succumbed....so over the weekend I've had a total of four cupcakes and last night before bed, I had 3 digestives. Tested this morning and got a 7.0. Not bad considering...

So I'm going to get back on track again. Don't know why I did it - I usually never eat my stuff as I'm fed up with making it lol!! In my head at the time, I was justifying it as a belated birthday cake - I never had a cake last week for it so this was it. Ridiculous I know but it's done. And I also had sandwiches and chips

And someone at work said I was looking thinner too. I feel thinner and clothes are fitting more comfortably now too.

At the party I went to, there was a woman there I didn't recognise at first but then the penny dropped. Turns out she's lost 8 stone!!!! Bloody amazing. Now I just have to make that happen to me...

So I'll eat at lunch and stay strong...

Xxx

Reactions: 6 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So today I've behaved myself.

L: double cheeseburger no bun. Sprite Zero

D: homemade doner kebab, lettuce wrap, coleslaw. Diet Coke.

Cup of tea with one sweetener less(!)

I think I may try to give up Diet Coke for lent....I've never participated but thinking it could be good for me.

I'm also thinking that I should have a long term aim of cutting out all or most sweeteners to stuff I make. This will be really really hard to achieve although not impossible....

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
So today I've behaved myself.

L: double cheeseburger no bun. Sprite Zero

D: homemade doner kebab, lettuce wrap, coleslaw. Diet Coke.

Cup of tea with one sweetener less(!)

I think I may try to give up Diet Coke for lent....I've never participated but thinking it could be good for me.

I'm also thinking that I should have a long term aim of cutting out all or most sweeteners to stuff I make. This will be really really hard to achieve although not impossible....
Keep at it ,your doing v well

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We all give in to temptation every know and then, the main thing is you got yourself straight back on track. Its my hubbys birthday today and we have cupcakes and Im thinking I might have one but Im not sure if I will yet.

I am about to do my next round of baking and I am going to leave the sugar substitute completely out of some items and I will be cutting it down by half in the rest.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG today 6.5.

Yesterday's food:

L: crayfish salad with avacado. Jelly, Diet Coke.

D: bacon, boiled eggs, tea.

Tea before bed.

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok day but really craving pancakes! Luckily eldest doesn't like homemade one and youngest felt sick!

L: cheeseburger, no bun. Sprite Zero.

D: homemade doner kebab with Diet Coke.

Cup of tea xxxx

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning!!!!!

I suspect it's just a random lovely reading but it's made me happy! X

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Well done! Just looking at what you ate yesterday - did you have any carbs at all? If not then that could explain the great BG.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There's 6g carb in the cheeseburger, plus carbs in coleslaw and mayo with kebab so I reckon I had about 20g worth which is about right for me...it's all a mystery

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
A very nice mystery though! :) . Definitely a day's menu worth repeating.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I succumbed to the flipping pancakes. Intended to just have a small one but had about five . I feel so ashamed of myself...but it'll be a year before I have them again so not all bad. But still bad!

L: lamb stew with cauli mash, Diet Coke, small jelly.

D: lemon sugar pancake, Nutella pancake, sugar free maple syrup and butter pancake x2. Washed down with a tea.

****** - just remembered I had a couple of biscuits after school.

Reckon FBG tomorrow will be 9!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I succumbed to the flipping pancakes. Intended to just have a small one but had about five . I feel so ashamed of myself...but it'll be a year before I have them again so not all bad. But still bad!

L: lamb stew with cauli mash, Diet Coke, small jelly.

D: lemon sugar pancake, Nutella pancake, sugar free maple syrup and butter pancake x2. Washed down with a tea.

****** - just remembered I had a couple of biscuits after school.

Reckon FBG tomorrow will be 9!