The 8 week blood sugar diet

mallins

Hi Mallins

5 weeks in lost 26lb and last weeks range was 4.3 -6.2 (all readings not just fasting)
Its hardwork but congratulations and keep us updated. There are a few progress posts I'm trying to update mine regularly but check out Hello UK Newcastle diet from Texas for some great insight and suggestions for Vegetables etc

Cheers
Well done

Reactions: 2 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
how do I find out what to do about this sugar diet??
Hello joey, you can get the book on line or a hard copy from book stores. I have made an appointment to see my doctor later today to discuss how to do the diet and reduce insulin.

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm coming to the end of week 4. Weight loss is not so dramatic as others as I had already lost 32lbs before stating this through 5:2. I have lost 8lbs in 4 weeks. I am rarely getting a fasting number in the 6's now and have had 7 days of 5's in a row, really wanting to see it regularly go under 5.5 but I guess I will have to keep going. Not really hungry now but miss dipping into some nuts as a snack.

Reactions: 8 people

Donnadoobie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I still do a dancing class each week but have put running on hold until I finish, probably could do it but don't want to push my luck.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I've hurt my knee so activity is out . I'm worried because I control my diabetes with diet and activity . I heard about this on Jeremy Vine and might be the answer to keeping on track until I can move more . Just going to down load the book now .
Thanks everyone, what would I do without this forum ?

Reactions: 6 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Day3 of the diet and fasting numbers 5.0 a massive improvement. I haven't weighed in yet but I feel so much better

Reactions: 4 people

badass

Hi just got weighed again and have lost 7lb in first week blood sugar down to 5 and blood pressure also lower than before starting , just had scrambled egg with a small slice of smoked salmon for breakfast find this sets me up for the day , still managing fine trying to up exercise , also using head space app for the mindfulness aspect of the diet getting the best sleep I have had in years , feel so encouraged by everyone's posts , keep them coming and well done to everyone

Reactions: 6 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Day3 of the diet and fasting numbers 5.0 a massive improvement. I haven't weighed in yet but I feel so much better
Great Start keep it up it has been great for me to dat

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi just got weighed again and have lost 7lb in first week blood sugar down to 5 and blood pressure also lower than before starting , just had scrambled egg with a small slice of smoked salmon for breakfast find this sets me up for the day , still managing fine trying to up exercise , also using head space app for the mindfulness aspect of the diet getting the best sleep I have had in years , feel so encouraged by everyone's posts , keep them coming and well done to everyone
Great first week I'm into 5 weeks and the results keep coming fantastic

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hope you don't mind but I'm going to post my progress on a different thread , just so that I can keep on track . That said I'd love to give a summary of each day on here too , will keep my brain active and motivated.

So for me it's Day 1 -D day so to speak .
I have a note pad and made it like a diary for 56 days , I've read the 8 week blood sugar diet book , drank more fluid than usual , entered food and fluid in my fitness pal app and walked around the shops. Still have a sore knee but it's improving.

I'm going now to re read all your posts and keep motivated . Thankyou .

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Weigh in this morning and I've lost a staggering 8lbs and my fbs 5.0 .
An amazing first week

Reactions: 8 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Lorraine deer that's amazing .
I'm finding it pretty easy to be honest . The porridge first thing in the morning stops me getting hungry until about 2ish so that is great .

Garyfx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi I was just wondering if anyone out there is on this diet. I have just started it on Monday and have lost 4lb already. My fasting bloods are down from 7.5 to 5.9 although they do fluctuate. I am finding it hard going as I'm craving bread especially in the mornings not too bad the rest of the day. If anyone else is doing this diet I would love to hear how you are getting on as I think I'm going to need a lot of support to do it for 8 weeks!

I'm going away for the weekend so I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with eating out!

Cheers

Mallins
Hi , I as diagnosed two months ago with type 2 since then I have totally cut out any sugar and I've eaten a small amount of carbs and I have gone from 15.2 stone to 13 stone and I am managing to keep my bloods around 6 and I feel so much better for it.

Reactions: 7 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
Hi , I as diagnosed two months ago with type 2 since then I have totally cut out any sugar and I've eaten a small amount of carbs and I have gone from 15.2 stone to 13 stone and I am managing to keep my bloods around 6 and I feel so much better for it.
Great result Gary

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Congratulations to everyone who has successfully completed ND and I'm enjoying following the threads of those currently brave enough to do it (those that I've found, anyway!)

I would love to try it, I just don't think I could keep it up for 8 weeks - although I understand that doing the real food version of ND is easier if you are coming at it having already established yourself on a low carb diet.