Type 1 Chat

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Managing it I had trouble the first year but now ive learned and am so used to it its so normal to me. Im on shots but think im Gunn get pump next week. I hear it alerts wheb ur low and thats what scares me dropping wheb im sleeping ive heard stories bout that...how bout u

Reactions: 2 people

Kyland

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello, I'm Kyland and I'm 16. I've had type 1 diabetes for about 12 years and I just found this forum recently. It's great to see so many other people who are in the same boat as me, and I'm looking forwards to meeting new people!

Reactions: 4 people

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Everyone has diabetes anymore and technology has gotten so much better and is continuing too...we can manage it and live just as long as anyone else. Like I said before we are probably healthier than others cause we have to lead a healthy lifestyle.

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone have family members or someone who has had it a very long time.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Managing it I had trouble the first year but now ive learned and am so used to it its so normal to me. Im on shots but think im Gunn get pump next week. I hear it alerts wheb ur low and thats what scares me dropping wheb im sleeping ive heard stories bout that...how bout u

I was 7 when I first got diabetes , I was very lucky to have a great family who helped me with everything .
I've got good control I'm happy with my readings :) .
Oh that will be good if you do get to go on the pump for your concerns , do you not have hypo awareness ?
I'm on injections. :)

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I kno about it but if it happens in your sleep you have no way. With the pump it alerts once you hit a certain low ive heard...does anyone in your family have it long.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I kno about it but if it happens in your sleep you have no way. With the pump it alerts once you hit a certain low ive heard...does anyone in your family have it long.
I'm very lucky somehow i wake up if I have a night time low , don't know how but I'm not complaining lol .
No no one else has type 1 diabetes in my family , yours ?

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No not mine either. Whats you a1c? What did your doctor say bout our futures? Just curious to see from different states what doctors say

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No not mine either. Whats you a1c? What did your doctor say bout our futures? Just curious to see from different states what doctors say

6.5% or 47mol . What is your hba1c ?
Yeah my doctors have been happy with my control and say that I've got less chance of developing any future problems due to the good control , but nothing's every guaranteed but so far so good lol .
What about your doctors ?

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well it's hard at times but I became used to it long ago so it's not that bad. And I inject, I've never actually tried a pump. How about you? :)

What is your latest hba1c , and yeah same here I'm on injections , the pump hasn't really interested me I'm happy on injections lol . What insulins are you on ? :)

Kyland

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What is your latest hba1c , and yeah same here I'm on injections , the pump hasn't really interested me I'm happy on injections lol . What insulins are you on ? :)
My latest hba1c was bad, it was 7.2 if I remember correctly. Usually it's much better though, and I'm trying hard to eat really low carb and exercise a lot so I can get my next hba1c as low as possible. And for the long lasting insulin I use Lantus, for the short acting I'm using Humalog. What was your last hba1c and what insulins do you use?

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My doctors are happy with mine they say we might get one complication possibly but not major ones unless you keep your sugar high all the time and dont care.

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you ever get down after having your son hearing the scary stories or thinking bout the future.....I did for a little but no one knows one day to the next whats going to happen and it could be alot worse.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My latest hba1c was bad, it was 7.2 if I remember correctly. Usually it's much better though, and I'm trying hard to eat really low carb and exercise a lot so I can get my next hba1c as low as possible. And for the long lasting insulin I use Lantus, for the short acting I'm using Humalog. What was your last hba1c and what insulins do you use?

7.2% doesn't sound bad to me at all to me lol . I'm due another hba1c in a few months but my latest one was 6.5% .
Yeah I'm also on lantus for my background but on novo rapid for my quick acting. :)

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you ever get down after having your son hearing the scary stories or thinking bout the future.....I did for a little but no one knows one day to the next whats going to happen and it could be alot worse.

Where abouts are you from ? And what do you mean by the scary stories ?
I suppose in a way once you become a mum you think differently as always want to be around to protect them , but I can't say I've been down about it no as I'm controlling my diabetes well to try and stop anything in later life .
I do sometimes think I hope I can imagine it ok when I'm older and injecting as obviously my skin will change .
But overall no I'm just enjoying being a mummy. :)

Whats your current hba1c ?