Newbie needing Advice

Ruth273

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi all,

It was mentioned to me in October 2015 that I was pre-diabetic with a reading of 41mmol from a blood test. Nothing else was mentioned from this until I was tested again at the beginning of January at another hospital appointment and my BS reading was 9.1 (3 hours after eating); on speaking to the consultant she was quite cross that it wasn't being monitored by anyone.

I have since been to my own GP surgery (about 2 weeks ago) and when I phoned for the result got the comment that there was no note on my file and to forget it. Do I make another appointment to get tested again or should I make an appointment with my GP? as I feel I am being forgotten about. Diabetes does run in my family too.

I am on steroids for optic neuritis at the moment and have been advised I could be on them for at least a year until they can find out what is causing it; and I do know that steroids can induce diabetes but from what I read it can also be reversed if taken off the steroids; unfortunately this is not an option for me.

I am just very confused about the testing regime etc as I have not had any advise at all, whether changing my diet will help with the BS or whether I should get a monitor and do it myself.

Any advise would be helpful.

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Ruth273. Who was it you spoke to who told you there was no note on the file and to forget it, the receptionist or your GP?
If it was the receptionist, I would ask to speak to the GP or make an appointment to see her/him to ask for the result.