Moving my flat belly diet updates here

S

Shar67

Better today BG is still 6ish but coming down had a bowl of porridge and some sushi. Still in pain but no nausea

Reactions: 2 people
S

Shar67

So much better today, BG round the 5.2 mark, feel good no pain, scrambled eggs, then veg medley with sweet potato.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Shar67

Ok I have dropped a dress size, but it fluid not fat loss that has done that, BG today was in low 5 again so back to normal almost
From Monday I'm coming off this diet and starting a new one, based on low calorie, as cannot do a low carb high fat, I will put what I have eaten and the BG beside it. Will do it for a month again see what happens

Mawalk48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Its not rocket science eat wot you want when you want just make sure you burn some sugars and you will be fine i am i eat anything anytime feel great

Ruth_C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I could use a dislike button for the above comment!

If only it were that easy for us all!

I look forward to reading your updates, Shar. Very good luck with the diet come Monday. I understand some of the complexities of trying to find foods that aren't really high fat and just horrendously carb-y instead! I'm also really pleased to read that you've been in a bit less pain this week! Long may it continue!

Reactions: 6 people
M

mrspuddleduck

Its not rocket science eat wot you want when you want just make sure you burn some sugars and you will be fine i am i eat anything anytime feel great
I wish I could use a dislike button for the above comment!

If only it were that easy for us all!

I look forward to reading your updates, Shar. Very good luck with the diet come Monday. I understand some of the complexities of trying to find foods that aren't really high fat and just horrendously carb-y instead! I'm also really pleased to read that you've been in a bit less pain this week! Long may it continue!

@manwalk I think that is further evidence that you probably do not have type 3C diabetes.
@Ruth_C I absolutely agree!
@Shar67, you are doing so well, but eggs - I'm so jealous of you being able to eat eggs!!! Take care xxxx

Reactions: 4 people
S

Shar67

Today has been good BG still in low 5s, had porridge, a bagel and a veg stir fry today
@Mawalk48, as I don't have a functioning pancreas, it has shrivelled up us 95% smaller than it should be, I cannot eat a high fat diet,
1 it hurts to eat it
2 I cannot digest it
Most 3c people have extreme difficulty with their diet, carbs spike BG but sometimes there is not an alternative, fat can kill but we need to have it to help digest the food we can eat.
lots of people with greatly reduced pancreatic function are fed via a tube, or can only eat liquid, so eat dot you want is not an option

Reactions: 3 people

Mawalk48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Today has been good BG still in low 5s, had porridge, a bagel and a veg stir fry today
@Mawalk48, as I don't have a functioning pancreas, it has shrivelled up us 95% smaller than it should be, I cannot eat a high fat diet,
1 it hurts to eat it
2 I cannot digest it
Most 3c people have extreme difficulty with their diet, carbs spike BG but sometimes there is not an alternative, fat can kill but we need to have it to help digest the food we can eat.
lots of people with greatly reduced pancreatic function are fed via a tube, or can only eat liquid, so eat dot you want is not an option
sorry to hear that i still have my pancreas i works only just although i reckon over the years its got better i think the reason i said just eat wot you want when you want is more the case of i know my own problems and how to deal with them ive had it since i was 20 im now 48 and i suppose i instinctively eat less fats and other things than i should although the sugar is a newer problem question for you are you fat?

S

Shar67

If you pancreas got better then you didn't have chronic pancreatitis, you may have had some acute pancreatitis, that settled.
You cannot tell people not to finger prick test or eat whatever they like, just because something worked for you as a type 2 diabetic, it is very unlikely that a 3c would be able to do this.
What we say to people is speak to your DN or consultant, if you think you may have 3c ask for a blood test to confirm.
If someone thinks they have a pancreatic problem, it is advisable not to smoke or drink alcohol until you know what is causing the problem, if it is gallstones then yes in time you will be able to have alcohol. If you have a TP you can drink alcohol if you wish. For the majority of Chronic Pancreatitis or malfunctioning pancreas, alcohol is out, diet is low fat, if you become diabetic get tested for type and get advise from here as this is probably the best site for info.

Mawalk48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you pancreas got better then you didn't have chronic pancreatitis, you may have had some acute pancreatitis, that settled.
You cannot tell people not to finger prick test or eat whatever they like, just because something worked for you as a type 2 diabetic, it is very unlikely that a 3c would be able to do this.
What we say to people is speak to your DN or consultant, if you think you may have 3c ask for a blood test to confirm.
If someone thinks they have a pancreatic problem, it is advisable not to smoke or drink alcohol until you know what is causing the problem, if it is gallstones then yes in time you will be able to have alcohol. If you have a TP you can drink alcohol if you wish. For the majority of Chronic Pancreatitis or malfunctioning pancreas, alcohol is out, diet is low fat, if you become diabetic get tested for type and get advise from here as this is probably the best site for info.
well i have written proof i have chronic pancreatitis calcified ive had more mris and tube down my throat and up my bum than you could imagine i messed more underpants than they sell in m/s and ive spent more time curled up in a ball futhermore i was allways told not to drink and dont smoke i dont drink as the pain i endured has kept me of booze but as for smoking i still smoke 40 a day i had stopped a few times and actually put on weight but didnt last long as when i was diagnosed with chronic pancreatitis i lost an awfull lot of weight an allways been skinny since as for pricking your finger when doc told me i had diebeties i was panicked and pricked my finger every 2 minutes didnt do me any good at all dont prick finger much now i can feel when im high and definately know when im low if you know wot youve eaten and drunk you know wots going to happen to your sugars but i have to admit that over the 30 years ive had pancreatitis things have definately got better i can passwind now without messing myself and havent had any problems for 15 years now only the sugars is hard to control but im doing very well a slight change in diet like no sugar in tea or coffee has worked for me i do try to low fat and no sugar constantly i do it that much now i dont even think about it hence why i said eat wot youwant when you want this is becouse with a low fat diet/heartproblems as well and diebeties no sugar there wernt much left i could eat so i gave up on most of the rubbish they told me at diebeties class and in the hospital and followed my docters advice eat anything you want although i instinctivly know wot i can and cant eat without causing discomfort which is a mild word for the mastic coloured you know wots

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruth_C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mawalk48,

Whilst I'm really pleased to read that you are managing your condition well and feel fully in control, I can't help but feel like you haven't really understood the severity of some other's conditions.

I like reading other's success stories, but this forum is where we support each other first and foremost and I cannot help but feel like your advice of "feeling when you are high or low or knowing whether you are high or low depending on what you've eaten or instinctively knowing what you can or cannot eat" is perhaps a little wreck-less. Type3c diabetes is often characterised as being brittle due to different absorption rates/malabsorption and this in itself makes guessing your glucose levels near impossible and VERY dangerous. I can assure you, (as someone who had a total-pancreatectomy 4 months ago) that I simply couldn't survive without constant blood monitoring and at least triple the amount of Creon per day as you suggest is adequate for you.

It's great your regime is working for you, but please... I wouldn't go giving such inappropriate advice to others trying to manage a condition which I don't think you fully understand.

Anyway, like I said, I'm glad you're on top of your condition at the moment! Well done.

S

Shar67

BG still in 5s, scrambled egg, toast and a mushroom pie for dinner (meatless shepherds pie, with sweet potato)
When I got up this morning I had a ****** pain in hip, think it was deferred pain, lasted about 3 hours, then I started sweating buckets, I've showered 3 tines today, other than that felt fairly good.
Think for new diet on Monday I'm going to have to invest in some digital scales, I had some ages ago, but when the battery went flat, new battery didn't make them work so I dumped them, I have the old counter balance with brass weights and a plastic numbered one neither particularly very accurate.
The new diet which is calorie controlled will be one I used after my son was born 26 years ago, I made it myself using foods I like, portion size, weight, balance and exercise, I'm hoping to get swimming twice a week, will do exercise that I've been doing for this one, and the sassy water,

S

Shar67

Still in 5s
Today was
Porridge
Ryvita sweet onion, with prawn spread
Sweet potato mashed with butternut squash , spinach & onion mixed with quark.
I completely forgot to put my mufa each day I've need having walnuts or yogurt and cranberries

M

mrspuddleduck

Sorry Ive confused myself (not difficult these days!) Is the new diet you are starting Monday a completely different regime or are you just modifying as you go along??
And am I right in thinking your blood sugars appear to becoming abit more stable as this goes on?
Love this thread @Shar67, thank you!!:)

S

Shar67

It is a new diet but lots of it is very similar to this one, I will continue on this thread but I will tell you my BG each meal and what I'm having.

S

Shar67

New diet day hasn't started well, woke up at 06.30 took BG 5.4 great.
Thought I'd do exercises, 20 minutes in acute pain in liver. Now I have a constant nagging pain in liver anyway but this was something else, lasted about 30 seconds. Started exercise again very gingerly it happened again this time it came in waves, I was sweating, shaky, just bad.
Couldn't move, every joint in my body decided to join in, get joint pain due to meds but this was sore.
Had pax to stand still, it lasted about 10/15 minutes.
Now I'm only doing very gentle exercise, a few weights, some yoga/pilates.. I've had this before, last time when I was flying back from Prague. Doctor thinks it' may be related to exercising but not to stop just be gentle.
Anyway haven't eaten yet, took BG again at 09.30 9.2. FML

S

Shar67

Fed up with this day 2 was a repeat of day one, bg5.4 exercise 9.8, 2 hours later 3.8,
Looks like liver dumping, I'm going to try to see GP tomorrow.
Was naughty didn't have breakfast but to treat hypo I had one pancake with blueberries, lush.
Egg salad for dinner.

S

Shar67

Today has been a whole lot better, pain has subsided, woke up and my heart was really racing, it was like I had done a hard workout.
BG was dead on 5, it has stayed in the 5s all day
Pancake with banana
Mixed salad and tuna
Veggie bake with herbs and garlic.
Will have blueberries for snack later.