Regular moderate exercise log

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ok I started Feb month with Resistance training. 250+ calories, 29 minutes.
snapshot1.png

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6 miles walking today.

My impression is that you're doing walks of this sort of length if not every day, several times each week. Am I right? Do you have any routine - time of day, routes, etc?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Swimming today, nice and warm on a cold day!

Reactions: 4 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My impression is that you're doing walks of this sort of length if not every day, several times each week. Am I right? Do you have any routine - time of day, routes, etc?

I try to get out and walk 2 or 3 times everyday so my walking to made up of more than one walk. Local shops which I do about 4 times a week, I try to include a walk round a park before doing the shopping. If I go to a larger shopping centre I will often walk there and catch the bus home. I do try to do a short walk after evening meal as I think that helps to bring my sugars down, it's pleasing to me when they are lower 2 hours after the meal than they were before. So today almost 3 miles this morning, over 3 miles this afternoon and just over a mile this evening, 7 miles in total. I do think it's good for me to get out of the house if possible. I don't know how long I can keep this up but I am trying to make it a habit. When I've tried other forms of exercise I've ended up pulling muscles that hurt for days so walking seems best for me now. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather and hope to explore different and more interesting local places.

Reactions: 4 people

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I don't know how long I can keep this up
- yes this is an important aspect. Based on my personal experience, I tend to avoid long walks everyday. I rotate resistance and walking. My aim is to avoid pain, pressure and damages to knees; legs etc.

I've ended up pulling muscles that hurt for days so walking seems best for me now.
a good description of resistance exercises. But it is important to listen to your body, keep rotating resistance and cardio exercises on different days - never overdo. 6 minutes of Fitness blender workouts can give serious cramps. Just do what you can.

Yesterday I only kept on attempting or learning hand-stand over 20 minutes. No success at all. Surprisingly my watch was showing a good number of calories, consistently with my ponding heart. Then I was sweating a lot too. So my target is to be able to do hand-stand by the end of March. I will try it out on alternate days - there are a few intermediate exercises to get this hand-stand right.

Whether it is walking or resistance type; all workouts are great natural medicines. That said, we should avoid 'over dose' of any medicine.

Last edited by a moderator:

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 hrs walking yesterday. My achilles tendon is playing up so that sucks :(

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Two hours of walking, was trying to get rid of a headache, head still hurts but blood sugar has dropped. :-/

Reactions: 2 people

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
1 hour intense workout in the evening. Combined cardio and resistance. 40 min of running and 20 minutes of resistance. That resulted in 750 calories.

Reactions: 2 people

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
two hours of TKD
?? Gr8, impressive. I never got beyond 70minutes - whatever I did.

Yesterday I was talking one of my pals [a retd seal, disabled, wheel chair born] in my street. I told him that I will run daily, will do that, do this, blah blah; and I just go by my smart watch. He simply replied "yes, I also go by my smart watch to stop after burning 1000 calories - every morning". I didn't know what to say, just remained mum, felt ashamed. The max I burnt is about 800c in a day, but that is rare for me. I usually get past 500 only when I do my 5k runs.

Ok, coming to my lill workout this morning -
Dec0341.png

So started at 6am and did two workouts - slow running [18min, avg HR-113 which is low] and then stopped, came back to home to check on my daughter and then did some body weight workouts which are like easy. No high intensity today, as it is really cold out here.

Please note that garmin watch has only few options [I may be wrong, I do not explore the device or software much], there is no option to put like 'walking' etc. So do not think that I really 'run' for 18 minutes, it is really kind of brisk walk. This can be seen from HR max and avgs of different runs I did. For your verification, I put the listing. Previous runs have higher HRs indicating that I was really running and not walking like a lazy duck today.

Summing up - today I could 'kill' some 44 minutes in lazy workouts - could burn 450 calories.

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
did my 5k run this PM. Details:
Duration 60minutes
Distance: 4.4 miles
Calories: 730
HR Max/Avg: 179/142