something sweet without carbs

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hello!

is there anything sweet without carbs? I have searched everywhere

it will either have carbs, or maltitol which spikes insulin, or it will taste like steel (metallic taste)

is there anything nice and fatty that is sweet?

any fatty chocolate pudding? any creme caramel with erythritol?

I can't find anything!

thanks!

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't believe why they dont develop something. Clotted cream with chocolate flavour and erythritol would be very nice sweet.

Anyone want to develop something together and market it?

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Debmcgee is ahead of you! She posted a while back about cheesecake fluff, made I think with cream cheese, cream and sweetener

M

mrspuddleduck

I buy Marks & Sparks sugar free sweets - they do rhubarb and cream, strawberry and cream and butterscotch. Bit pricey but I find one sweet is enough when I get the urge for sweet things (obviously not fatty though)

Edited for my dreadful spelling!

M

mrspuddleduck

Actually @greener Ive just thought - didnt you post yesterday about diarrhoea cos you are overdoing the fatty stuff??? Perhaps my suggestion of the sweets maybe a more sensible option!!:)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I can't believe why they dont develop something. Clotted cream with chocolate flavour and erythritol would be very nice sweet.

Anyone want to develop something together and market it?

Do it solo and reap the benefits

Neohdiver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you're just looking for a little something, try dark chocolate. I actually had several Godiva truffles or regular chocolates without sending my blood sugar skyrocketing.

Also search for "fat bomb" recipes. High fat content, and typically sweetened with a sweetener of your choice. I love these: Strawberry cheesecake fat bombs.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hello!

is there anything sweet without carbs? I have searched everywhere

it will either have carbs, or maltitol which spikes insulin, or it will taste like steel (metallic taste)

is there anything nice and fatty that is sweet?

any fatty chocolate pudding? any creme caramel with erythritol?

I can't find anything!

thanks!
If you like baking go to my blog http://www.diabeticgoodbaking.com/ Ive posted there lots of recipes on low carb cakes and desserts :)

Reactions: 2 people

RAH79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

I have loads of recipes :

Rice Pudding
1/2 pack of eat Water Slim Rice (0 Carbs / 0 Sugars, 9 calories)
100ml Semi-Skimmed Milk (5g Carbs, 50 calories)
Then you can flavour it with either 1 tablespoon of Options Hot Chocolate (Lidl sell a jar for 99p), Sugar Free Monin syrup or Sugar free Jello instant pudding mix in vanilla, chocolate or butterscotch.

You can buy Eat Water Slim Rice (http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/eat-water-slim-rice-60007572) - currently buy one get one for a penny.

If you like coconut you can also make Coconut Chocolate Snow balls :

80g ground almonds
60g sugar free cocoa (Green & Black or Bourneville)
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla extract (or essence)
50g sugar free peanut butter
60g Agave nectar or sweet freedom
2 Tablespoons water
20g desiccated coconut or sesame seeds
Method:
Put all ingredients except coconut or sesame seeds into blender. Blend for 20 seconds. Roll into balls and roll balls in either coconut or sesame seeds. Put in fridge for half hour. Eat!

Hope that helps x

Reactions: 4 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Chocolate truffles

150g Lindt Intense 90% Chocolate
150ml Extra thick double cream
15g unsalted butter
1-2 tbs rum, brand or whisky

Crush up the chocolate until it looks like breadcrumbs (works best in a food processor or liquidiser but can be done by hand.)
In a small saucepan put cream, butter and booze and heat until just under simmer.
Then vigorously beat/whiz the choc while slowly adding in the cream mixture. Keep beating until thoroughly mixed (and then beat some more)
Then either pour in to tiny paper cupcakes or allow to cool, chill for 12 hours then sharp in to balls and roll in nuts or dust with good cocoa powder.
Keep in the fridge or freezer.

Reactions: 13 people

smag3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Doctors telling me that I probably know more than them
I make a cream and vanilla panna cotta. I use gelatin and a bit or xylitol but the cream has quite a sweet edge to it anyway so you do not need much. Trouble is my hubby likes it too and he is not lchf!
In emergencies I go for dark chocolate. Lovely and two or three squares have no effect on my bs levels.

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Please no receipies. I can't/don't want to cook.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Please no receipies. I can't/don't want to cook.
Apart from dark chocolate Ive never seen anything good you could buy. Check health stores, they might have something. Maybe some nuts in dark chocolate

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
but I read dark chocolate has 50% sugar!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think if you want to eat that type of thing your gonna have to bite the bullet and learn to cook, making your own food is far better for you than eating processed stuff. Either that or retrain your palate not to crave sweet stuff - it can be done if you have the willpower to avoid it.

A very simple recipe is sugar free jelly made with double cream - sweet and fatty

Reactions: 2 people