Type 1 Chat

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It can't calculate your carbs? I swear it does but you have to get your dsn to unlock it I think!

Yeah it does carb counting for you , but I tend to not use it .
Kyland if you haven't got the code I can always send you a message as to what it is :)

Reactions: 4 people

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Insulin is something made naturally by our bodies so I dont think it matters how much our bodies need. Just putting in what our bodies cant produce

Reactions: 2 people

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm not sure because I've basal tested loads and the amount I'm on is what I need it's lower on the pump as I'm on a total of 47u a day now whereas I was on 60 odd before but now I'm pregnant so it varies haha
How is your pregnancy going ? Im sorry about the depression have you always had that problem?

D

Deleted member 83869

How is your pregnancy going ? Im sorry about the depression have you always had that problem?
So far so good thank you :) 22 weeks today...apart from the sciatica but not entirely sure that's pregnancy related!
And no not really, I guess I've had it since my Mum passed away suddenly when I was 10 and things just got worse and then I was diagnosed with diabetes and things just didn't seem to get better, so I guess in a way me not looking after my diabetes was my way of self harming? But I'm on antidepressants now and my hba1c is coming down :)

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thats good to hear. Having a baby is the most wonderful thing that should help you also. My sugar got so much better after I had him..I gota little down thinking yo much but there are alot worse things we could have and I know peopke who have had it forever as long as we watch it:)

D

Deleted member 83869

Yes I agree with you there! I think being pregnant is slightly my motivation too I know it will be my only motivation when she is born but I still have my down days but just need to keep myself busy and then I'm fine....usually haha!

ashleighw1993

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Totally unexpected then , how are you finding it so far , are you slowly coming to turns , bet it still hasn't sunk in .

I'm actually finding it ok so far. I'm a student nurse so knew a bit about diabetes anyway. It's just sticking to a strict routine for my insulin

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did you recover

I'm ok with pain , but didn't find the recovery the nicest of experience lol , also had an infection which didn't help .
But I just fount it a weird pain and very uncomfortable .

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm actually finding it ok so far. I'm a student nurse so knew a bit about diabetes anyway. It's just sticking to a strict routine for my insulin

That's sort of come in handy to already know a bit about diabetes . Yeah different way of life and just getting used to everything .

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That stinks but there saying type one is sometimes vetter than two yea we have it longer but we have a healthy lifestyle they mainly get it from already having health problems. I truly believe if you manage it youllbe fine like everyone else ...I kno people who have had it forever and didnt take care of it and their fine.

Meghalton

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there my name is Megan! I have had type 1 for 17 years too. Even though I've had it a long time, I still struggle with it emotionally. I just joined this site in hope to find others like me! X

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there my name is Megan! I have had type 1 for 17 years too. Even though I've had it a long time, I still struggle with it emotionally. I just joined this site in hope to find others like me! X

Hey lovely to meet you.
I've also had diabetes for 17 years this year , always nice to chat :) x

tiffany07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello there
dont feel alone half the world has diabetes and we could have something alot worse. At least we can control and manage ours just have to watch ourselves better..