something sweet without carbs

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is 99% edible? Is it sweet at all or pure bitterness?
Above 70% is good but still low carb (about 30g carbs per 100g). If you limit to a couple of squares you will be fine. Personally I don't like chocolates above 90% but maybe you will like it. Always check the labels as there are dark chocolates full of sugar ( like Cadbury one which has 60g of sugar!)

Reactions: 2 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Well I started with 70% and worked my way up to 99%. :D

Where do you get your 99% and what make is ir? I'd love to try it.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's Lindt. It is bitter to start with, but that's good because it means I don't want too much of it. I buy it from the LIndt shop - 20 bars at a time and they give me a discount. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Lidl do a 70% Cocoa Content chocolate that contains Caramel, it's really delicious and very sweet tasting and has 5g of carbs per square (the squares are rather large mind).

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl do a 70% Cocoa Content chocolate that contains Caramel, it's really delicious and very sweet tasting and has 5g of carbs per square (the squares are rather large mind).
yummy! 5g is a but much for me though especially as I could never stop at just one square of anything with caramel in! Maybe I'll just have a look next time I'm in Lidl.........

Reactions: 4 people

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.

It is absolutely lush - I have a bar (or most of a bar) lurking in the fridge at the moment:D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@noblehead

I have noticed before that you and I have exactly the same taste in choc.

Anyone tried a. 70% choc bar with pistachios in? From Tescos? So unpleasant I threw it away!!!

Can you imagine how horrible it must have been for me to do that!?!? Tragic

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
@noblehead

Anyone tried a. 70% choc bar with pistachios in? From Tescos? So unpleasant I threw it away!!!

:eek: What was wrong with it?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:eek: What was wrong with it?

It was very weird. Maybe an off bar. But I can't bring myself to risk buying another.

There was a tang to it, like that horrible fake almond essence has. Couldn't really taste the pistachio - and I LOVE pistachio. Very odd.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@noblehead

It must have been awful because I can't imagine ever throwing chocolate away! :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Tesco do a Peruvian chocolate , I think it's either 70 or 80% and Aldi do good ?85% bar . They are my saviour . I also like Greek yoghurt and raspberries with a spoon of Splenda and a little bit greater chocolate .. Yummy .

Teaspoon of Splenda

Last edited by a moderator:

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lindt 99% £5.40 in UK. £1.67 in Amsterdam. Disgusting. I stocked up
I buy it for about £2.40 at Dobbies - I expect it would be cheaper abroad as there's no vat - £5.40 is disgusting I agree

nickm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
You have come to the right place. Many contributors here come close to what you are looking for.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yummy! 5g is a but much for me though especially as I could never stop at just one square of anything with caramel in! Maybe I'll just have a look next time I'm in Lidl.........
Well I found some yesterday. As I suspected, way too yummy for me to keep in the house. I bought two bars. My husband has taken 4/5 of one to work today (yep I had 10g carbs worth last night :( and I am putting the other one in the food bank later. :( I'll stick to 99% Lindt, it's much safer. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Well I found some yesterday. As I suspected, way too yummy for me to keep in the house. I bought two bars. My husband has taken 4/5 of one to work today (yep I had 10g carbs worth last night :( and I am putting the other one in the food bank later. :( I'll stick to 99% Lindt, it's much safer. :)

Did warn you it was nice ;)