Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks @loulou99782. I did have a mug of cocoa last night before I went to bed hoping it would soothe my throat, but it might not have helped my BG reading.

Reactions: 13 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
By the way @Prem51, your weight loss since August is heroic. I know this isn't the thread for it and sorry for going off-topic, but bloody well done.

Reactions: 16 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All. - 9/2/16.

5.9 at 8.50am.:)

Reactions: 26 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning :D:D. On the way back down again:bored:? I'm pleased :happy:. Have a good day all! :)

Reactions: 18 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rather bizarre goings one today....

Had a shock with a 3.9 :eek: at 4:30, backed up with a 4.1 on 2nd attempt. Did another one just as I was going out of the door at 5AM and it was 4.9. (only water consumed by then)

Reactions: 24 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Rather bizarre goings one today....

Had a shock with a 3.9 :eek: at 4:30, backed up with a 4.1 on 2nd attempt. Did another one just as I was going out of the door at 5AM and it was 4.9. (only water consumed by then)
Liver helping us out today. I'm considering having a breakfast prepared night before so eaten before liver can have a turn. If that's possible. The theory sounds good but very difficult fir me to action. It was just a thought. :meh: I'm not an early breakfast person.

Reactions: 17 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
By the way @Prem51, your weight loss since August is heroic. I know this isn't the thread for it and sorry for going off-topic, but bloody well done.
Thanks @GeoffersTaylor! I did get down to 9st 11-12lbs for all of last week, but went up to 9st 13lbs on Sunday, and have been weighing in at 10st yesterday and today. I think I might have become a bit complacent, and I think I will be starting a fast tomorrow, for Lent, in the hope of getting down to 9st by Easter.

Reactions: 14 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

6.1 this morning, highest it's been for some time....

Reactions: 23 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Thanks @GeoffersTaylor! I did get down to 9st 11-12lbs for all of last week, but went up to 9st 13lbs on Sunday, and have been weighing in at 10st yesterday and today. I think I might have become a bit complacent, and I think I will be starting a fast tomorrow, for Lent, in the hope of getting down to 9st by Easter.
I seem to be stuck at just over 10 stone. I was 11st 13lb last May and I'd love to actually get to 9st 13lb so I can say I've lost 2 stone.

Reactions: 21 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi folks. BG 4.7 this morning, after a 5.2 at bedtime. Cold & dark in Newcastle. Thermal socks me thinks. o_O Good health everyone. Have a lovely Tuesday. X

image.jpeg

Reactions: 20 people