Pancake Day

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are there any diabetic friendly pancake recipes i would like to participate ,who's with me lol :woot:

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think as a T2D not eating pancakes would be the best idea.

Eating poor substitutes (of anything) won't help.

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I think as a T2D not eating pancakes would be the best idea.

Eating poor substitutes (of anything) won't help.

Well i'm good with my diet, and seeing as it's only once a year i'm gonna have just one it's going to be plain with a tiny bit of lime juice (no sugar) in 2 weeks i've got my B/O down from 30.6 to 6.2 which i'm really chuffed with :)

Reactions: 3 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've bought 90% chocolate which doesn't spike me to add with double cream once melted. More chocolate than pancake! ;-)

Reactions: 2 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I am going to try making some pancakes with gram flour which is quite low carb, I have googled it and there are some made from chick peas which are not so good the true gram flour is Chana Dal and is said to be good for diabetics. This is the one I have and I have used it to thicken a cheese sauce for cauliflower cheese but I only use a teaspoon or so for that obviously I will need more for pancakes
http://natcofoods.com/products/?id=4

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just had my 90% chocolate melted down with double cream and 2 ultra thin small pancakes. Awaiting now for the spike, if any.
Family enjoyed my pancakes better than the ready made. A success me thinks. :)

seadragon

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just made some using 75g of cream cheese and 2 eggs - beat with fork til smooth and add a little vanilla essence and or cinnamon if you like. Simply fried in butter and then added some warm berries and some double cream on top. Didn't use sweetener but did drizzle a tiny amount of agave nectar over one which was nice (tiny means less than half a teaspoon). i also tried adding a spoonful of coconut flour to the mixture which was nice also but more prone to burning in the pan so need to watch it.

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just had my 90% chocolate melted down with double cream and 2 ultra thin small pancakes. Awaiting now for the spike, if any.
Family enjoyed my pancakes better than the ready made. A success me thinks. :)

That sounds nice :wacky: i din't have any pancakes because i wasn't hungry in the evening

Reactions: 2 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I spiked to 8.3 without insulin but take canagluflozin daily.
Unfortunately I didn't get away without the nasty symptoms I get with riding 8s. :-(
I had to eat a bit cheese with a jab before I could sleep comfortably.
Wish I'd jabbed 15mins before pancake. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.