Which Hospital to choose?

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I currently just see my GP for my diabetes care but would like to look at the possibility of using a pump so am going to ask for a referral to a hospital team. There are a few hospitals I can easily get to from home & work and I'm wondering how I could find out which is 'best', i.e. which one is most pro-pump and also provides the Omnipod as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't cope with tubing. I know it's a long process but I'd like to start out with the best chance I can.

I'm in the Birmingham area if anyone has personal experience/knowledge, or any other advice gratefully received!

Beccy

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Maybe worth ringing around the clinics to find out which ones offer the Omnipod Pump as one of the options @BeccyB, there's is a website where you can check the ratings of hospital clinics but I just forget what its called now, perhaps a Google search will reveal all.

Good luck.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hi there BeccyB

it might also be worth a call to the ypsomed customer care line ( suppliers of Omnipod)
they should know which hospitals they are supplying in the Birmingham area.
i have popped their number here 0800 092 6787

Reactions: 4 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Have a look on the INPUT site as that has a list of pump friendly hospitals.

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
also make sure to check that you meet the NICE Guidelins, and wright down everything befor you go to visit the nurses/consultant :]