Type 2 Life

LinsT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can NEVER overdo the sparkles! Have a fantastic time. Leave Anton alone - don't want to read the morning papers and see the headline 'Audrey Hepburn Lookalike Kidnaps Anton'. ;)

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Strictly was fab-u-lous! Wonderful costumes, great music + gorgeous Gleb :) Anton wasn't there @LinsT he must have read your post and taken fright. That's it for another year, sparkles are back in storage now. Hope everyone had a good day

Reactions: 6 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning and a bit high for me. Yesterday all food and walking was usual. I didn't retest and it was a new set of test strips. Only other thing I can think of was a bit less sleep. I had tested yesterday before evening meal 4.9 and after 5.5 so was very happy with those. Nothing to eat or drink other than water afterwards which is my normal.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sometimes you just get one like that. Did you maybe do a little more than usual between waking and taking your fbg?

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes you just get one like that. Did you maybe do a little more than usual between waking and taking your fbg?

Thanks @13lizanne
I do get fasting readings in the 6's but then I try to work out why and often don't know. I'm trying to keep under 7 even 2 hours after a meal so may be trying too hard. If they continue being high I will rethink and try a few other things but at this stage I'm not that concerned, just want to try to keep tight control. I don't think I would get any help from my GP as he seems to think 6's for fasting are good. It is great being able to share things here and also with other people who are trying to keep tight control. As I've only been diagnosed for a year others may have a lot more experience than me. I've learnt so much from this forum.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yes, me too @Hiitsme I,ve had type 2 for 10yrs but only found this forum last year. I knew nothing about low -carbing , it has taken 6 months to get my FBS down, also I've recently stopped taking all medication including statins so that may have affected my FBS. Your figures sound excellent to me

Reactions: 3 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning FBG 5.3 :)

Theres always next year @13lizanne he cant hide forever :) Do you have a picture of yourself all sparkled up.
I do have photos @4ratbags but there are other people in them so can't post them here. Even though I say it myself I was very tastefully Sparkly :) lol

Reactions: 7 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, me too @Hiitsme I,ve had type 2 for 10yrs but only found this forum last year. I knew nothing about low -carbing , it has taken 6 months to get my FBS down, also I've recently stopped taking all medication including statins so that may have affected my FBS. Your figures sound excellent to me

I have had to try to increase my food as I no longer need to lose weight. BMI now under 20 from about 25 at diagnosis so don't want to lose any more weight. I have worked on restricting carbs using my meter but don't like the idea of eating a massive amount of fat so probably have increased carbs a bit, Lidl rolls and even sweet potatoes seem to be OK for me. I did test before evening meal and was 6.3, still high. Had cottage pie with small amount of sweet potato and loads of veg, small portion of blueberries and yoghurt, cheese and 2 tiny crackers followed by coffee and 20g of 90% chocolate. A 20 minute walk and 2 hours after meal 5.6 which I was very happy with. See what tomorrow brings.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
One for the ladies. Do you find your sugars change during ' that time of the month' mine go up and down like yo-yo

Sent from my XT1039 using DCUK Forum mobile app
Yes! I'm also perimenopausal and my monthlies aren't monthlies any more, when it is that time I feel the effects so much more. My fbg is higher than usual and I'm more prone to hypos, especially in the morning.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning so I was probably worrying about nothing, just want to take action quickly if needed. I did have longer sleeping last night which also may have helped. There are so many things that affect blood sugar as well as food, things like stress and illness, and I'm only in the learning stages so it's great to be able to communicate with others who are like minded so thanks @13lizanne

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You are so very welcome, we're all learning from each other and we know that we all really care for one another ( unlike some members of the NHS) lol

Reactions: 3 people

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Mine was 5.9 this morning. I would like it lower. Flying to Sri Lanka tomorrow. I am wondering how to stick to low carb high fat diet while on the plane. They have lot of options a diabetic diet as well. But no LCHF diet.So I opted of a standard diet. Wonder whether I should have requested a diabetic diet?

Reactions: 8 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@TooManyCrisps - I see that you are Type 2. I am wondering if you are diet controlled? Or take tablets for Diabetes? ;) William.

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Don't you just loathe it when you wait for deliveries!!!! Expecting delivery of Medical Supplies today and was told on the telephone it would be Tuesday between 8am to 1p.m. = not been yet!!

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Frustrating for you William. Are they here yet? How did @mo53 get on at docs? I am due another HbA1c test in Mar and if its still low my doc says I can come off the diabetic register. He also said he would have preferred my last HbA1c test result (40) to have been higher- strewth :( however, he did also say to carry on doing what I had been doing so I suppose that was a sort of "well done"

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@13lizanne - Well Done Anna:p I bet you are really pleased with that outcome!!! But, you will still remain on this forum if you come off the Diabetic Register? Not heard from @mo53 - yet? To hear how she got on today. Yeah - finally courier arrived at 3.15pm - he said his Sat Nav took him on the "Scenic Route"!!! William:)