Fish Oils/Other Supplements

Dan87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Does anyone take any health tablets as supplements? I've heard mixed reviews about Omega 3 Fish Oil Capsules, Cod Liver Oil Capsules and similar. Does anyone recommend any of these or anything similar, for health benefits such as healthy vision or healthy joints?

Dan

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not so much recommend it but I've taken a Cod Liver Oil supplement for 25 years, use to take it in capsule form but in recent years taken it in liquid form (10ml once a day).

I buy the Seven Seas High Strength CLO and do believe they have helped in some way to prevent joint problems in myself.

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
I work with an Irish lady, and as someone who is deficient in virtually every mineral & vitamin on the planet I'm always suffering in some way or another!

Anyway, she told me about dulse - it's seaweed found in Irish & Canadian coastlines. She told me how people in Ireland just eat is as it is. She said it's sooooo good for you. I was skeptical because, well, it's seaweed! But after Googling, I found it is the only natural substance in the world which can provide a human with 100% of everything they need as far as vitamins/minerals go!

It's not cheap, you have to buy it online & get it posted. And it's an acquired taste/texture (very salty & no matter how much you chew it, it seems to make no difference!) but I'm persevering with it & I'm hoping next time I have bloods done, my doctors will say there's been improvement in my malnourished areas!

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks @Dan87! I usually buy the Seven Seas High Strength too, but I have almost run out so I've ordered these.