What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All. - 9/2/16.

5.9 at 8.50am.:)

Reactions: 6 people

Murchison1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Hi There

My reading was 4.6 which is usual for me, anywhere between that and 5.

Reactions: 6 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Murchison1 and welcome to the forum! Those are good readings. How are you managing that? Are you on meds or is it by diet.

Reactions: 3 people

ickleowl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People asking my husband how I am, or what is wrong with me. It's my legs that don't work - the mouth & brain are still functioning normally
Evening all. Sorry this ia so late, i've been run off my feet (please excuse the pun)at my weekly Podiatry appointment amongst other things.

My bs was 3.7 this morning, low enough to warrant toast & marmalade for breakfast. I am not comfortable being that low first thing, it seems to take far longer to locate my get up & go than at any other time of day.
There's no logical reason for the drop, I was 8.3 last night, & had my normal dose of Levemir. Does anyone else suffer low bs in the morning?

Reactions: 7 people

kariba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
meat
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

I'll start.

What about you?
Mine was 6.9

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello mates,

I'll start.

What about you?
Hi! Mine was 5.4 after almost no exercise yesterday at all. The more exercise I do, the higher the numbers go... makes one l-a-z-y *YAWN* Have a nice day!

Reactions: 10 people

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all....and I see some newbies, welcome to you

7.4 @ 5.52 a.m. 10/2/16.

This is fairly good for me, won't br having B/fast or 1st tea for an hour & it will have gone up by then!!

Reactions: 8 people