Steve4591

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being Diabetic. Feeling drained
Hi All
I am a newby , I am a bit fed up with tablets and my sugar levels going up and down, getting very tired and grumpy (according to my wife), I watched a Tube video about Cinamon last week, well maybe it takes time but I stopped taking my tablets and started taking Cinamon 3 x a day 1/2 teaspoon in Yogurt, well my levels have gone up and up 21 dropping to 17 today but its taking to long so back to tablets and Cinamon see if that takes out the peaks.
Any one else had any experience with alternate herbs etc.
Thanks

Steve

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello,Steve4591, i can tell you,cinnamon tastes nice but it will not lower blood sugars.
You need to get a meter and test your bs first thing in the morning before your feet hit the floor,then again before you start to eat then test 2 hrs after eating this will help you to see what foods push your blood sugars up too much.
Most posters here are on lchf regime and are managing to keep their bs 's in a reasonable place
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1455060619.230672.jpg
i will ask
@daisy1 to give you the info pack , have a good read and it will answer a lot of your questions,please come back with any you need answers too and we will be happy to help,clive

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Definately get your diet sorted first and then if you still feel the need you can add in some supplements.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi Steve
I agree with clivethedrive and 4ratbags. Ive read and tried a few of those things but have found it is all about my diet particularly the white carbs and sugar that I eat. If I want to get my levels down I cut them out and I measure each morning before eating.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Steve4591 and welcome to the forum. I can't say whether cinnamon helps lower BG levels, I've not heard that before. But following a Low Carbohydrate High Fat approach to eating has lowered my BG levels since diagnosis. Have a read through some of the threads and you will see that a lot of forum members use this approach successfully.