Started the LCHF diet thus week and joined the gym.

MrDieselx

Argh. Been a bad carb eating pig for years. Decided at 40 & 335lbs I need to loose weight and kick the diabetic noose.
Always been a bit of a mood binger to. Grrr. Hard to admit but it's true. I've let myself down.
Thus week I've been focusing on actually eating breakfast for the 1st time in a decade. 25g of nuts. And a coffee. it's a start.

Been trying to stick to the lchf diet during the day and this week phasing out the carbs half n half to avoid just giving up totally.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: 6 people

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any suggestions?
Everyday ask yourself if you got a little better or got a little worse ("Staying the same" is not an option).

You don't have to win every single day, but try to win every week and eventually every month.

It's not about winning each individual battle. It's about winning the war.

That's my general approach.

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
That's a good start, I lost 35lbs on LCHF and walking in just over two months and my bmi is down to 23.6
not fit enough for the gym yet but in a few months maybe.

I eat small but often, seems it's helped stave off any major thoughts of binges.
Well done on your first of many losses to come.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Do you have a meter and check your blood sugars?

MrDieselx

Yep I'm a T2 on insulin for about a year. Been on lots if other meds before that. Test about 6-8x a day.
This is week 3 for Me,lost 15lb so far. Bloods gone from 10-15 to 5-6 with no insulin. Keytones in urine, but nurse said as long as my bloods don't go over 20 then it's a good sign.

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep I'm a T2 on insulin for about a year. Been on lots if other meds before that. Test about 6-8x a day.
This is week 3 for Me,lost 15lb so far. Bloods gone from 10-15 to 5-6 with no insulin. Keytones in urine, but nurse said as long as my bloods don't go over 20 then it's a good sign.

It must feel marvellous to be free from taking insulin? What other medication are you on? I have never taken diabetes medication, but lots on here have been able to significantly reduce the number and amounts of meds they take, and some to ditch them altogether.

After that start, surely the world is your (low carb) lobster? Well done.

SamFergusson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness
Congrats @MrDieselx I'm so pleased to hear you're doing so well :)
I'm starting a low carb program today, fingers crossed!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
@MrDieselx

Hi Mate great results keep it going