Aviva insight How can I change my target level?

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone. I have just been told my hba1c has come down from 80 to 65 since November. I am really please about this but need to get it lower before trying for a baby. Just tested and I was 7.5 but meter wouldn't give correction as my target is 6-8. How can I lower this range to 6-7?

Thank you in advance.

ArtemisBow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Obviously please talk to your DSN before changing anything, but if they agree you can change your target range in the time blocks in the bolus advice part. It will try to correct you to the mid point of the range.

For example, I have agreed with my DSN a range of 4-7, so it aims for 5.5 at all times.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just a quick one, but why do you need to ask your DSN if you want to reduce your target level? Surely that is a decision for you to make and take responsibility for, not the DSN? It is, after all, your diabetes, which you are in control of? As long as your target range is not stupid, eg 2-4, I don't think you need to refer this to the DSN.

Reactions: 2 people

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
you need the accu-chek 360 software that you should have got when you were given the pump

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Gaz-M you don't need to use the 360 software to do it - you can do it in the settings on the handset under time blocks. @Amy.W I would recommend you wait to hear back in response to your email if you're not sure.

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
@Gaz-M you don't need to use the 360 software to do it - you can do it in the settings on the handset under time blocks. @Amy.W I would recommend you wait to hear back in response to your email if you're not sure.

yeah I know but find using the software much easier

Reactions: 2 people

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a Mac and am having to run Parallels in order to operate anything Windows-y, which is why I don't generally bother with the 360 software - although I have used it to back up my settings. It was a real grrrrrrr moment when I found that my two favourite gadgets (my Insight and my MacBook) weren't going to get along without 'mediation' from a plug-in.......!

Amy.W

Type of diabetes
Type 1
We were never given the software. I have managed to do in through the had set and only dropped it slightly. Thanks for advice ; )

Reactions: 4 people