Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

KimG

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bummer! Over 6 this morning - 6.2. :nailbiting: Well, I had a good spate of low to mid 5's, 5 days in a row :shy: have a good day all! :)

Reactions: 28 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Up to 7.0 this morning which is somewhat alarming, as I had also got used to a run of 5s in a morning..

Worse, it seems to be a continuing trend which started around 25/1/16.

Increased my Metformin back to 3 per day as of a couple of days ago, so we'll see if that helps....

Reactions: 23 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All = 10/2/16.

6.6 at 9.15am.

Reactions: 29 people

DR123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
DR123
Hello all

7.8 today
Feeling a bit rubbish last few days can't say why I think it's my body having carbs withdrawal symptoms, only been on it about 10 days . Enjoy the sun everybody ☺

Reactions: 16 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.5 at 7am. I had high levels all yesterday, possibly because I've got a sore throat / mild virus. Hope it starts to go down again.

Reactions: 23 people

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
A question if I may?
How often do you have HBA1c tests. My FBG is typically low circa 5.5 - 6.2, and yet
I'm being asked to have a test every 3 months / 12 weeks. Is someone telling me something or is this a bit OTT.?

Reactions: 22 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Arizona After my first 3 month retest I was told I would only be retested every 12 months. I wouldn't mind being retested every 3 months.

Reactions: 15 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
I have Blood Tests every 3 months due to being Aneamic and for my Iron Count to be monitored. My GP also puts on the blood form for my HBA1C to be checked as well - last check was November 2015 and my HBA1C was 64.

Reactions: 19 people

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the feedback. I don't have any peripheral issues and I test daily. Just seems excessive to me, especially with such low readings.

Reactions: 13 people

Johnroy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many
Bad night, pancakes with lots of nibbles also woke to a sore throat. Consequently this morning at 9am was a 10. Also recovering from cataract op last week . But this afternoon happy to see I was 5.2

Reactions: 22 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning FBG 5.8

@Arizona I actually book myself in with the nurse every 3 months as I think if you do it at longer intervals then you are less likely to pick up small increases.

Reactions: 26 people

Arizona

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I take my readings seriously and do my own. The HBA1c tests come out the same as my test readings. I'd be content to drop to 1 HBA1c per annum unless I see a repeated spike. Not seen one yet and bearing in mind my highest FBG was when I as diagnosed at 7.4.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are going to continue to regularly self monitor yourself then once a year should be fine. I dont because of the cost hence I rely on my Hb tests more.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi @Cumberland . How much insulin at you taking? Are you still eating bread with potato wedges?
Your levels are too high you must be feeling rubbish. What advice are you actioning? You deserve better.:) :) :)
Carbs cut by half BMs were on a downward trend too got some fasting under 10

Carb to insulin ratio is 10 carbs 5 units of humilin 30 carbs is 15 units and dmso on

Had my pre-assessment appt today for the DAFNE course in March

Reactions: 9 people