New in forum...but 'old' type 2 case..

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi everybody....yearly MOT in hospital is coming and I started look around net to refresh myself with 'diabetic education'..tooling myself so I'm ready for another battle with doctor again....came across diabetic UK forum. Why haven't I find this site before!!!???
So much good info available...particularly I have already found very reassuring how similar issues seem to pop up time and time again...it is not just me who have those issues...
Few months ago it was FINALLY confirmed...after 23 years from the first diagnose...that indeed I am type 2, not type 1 or type 1 1/2...or anything else...the opinion has always depended who I have seen and what day it is...'doctors'....though I have never been 'clear cut' case and I am medicated with insulin and tablets...yeah yeah, diet too...
Over the years I've been popping pills for one complication and another...each lot giving more side effects until I took the matters to my own hands....did really good research, studied...and got rid of quite lot of 'junk' and same time improving my health so much that I even managed to raise few eye brows in 'medical professions' ( for one reason and another)....and the battle continue...
After all this time being 'ill'....I'm now on a mission to get myself off from insulin, or tablets (any will do, less is better!)...although I doubt I can totally turn around my condition after all these years, I'm sure there is lot of room for improvement and since I'm sick of hospitals, doctors, medicines...one can only but try.
So here is my short version of me and my 'case'..looking forward to explore the site and learn more from you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 11 people

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done it sounds like you have already taken yourself in hand and improved your health so just carry on with what you are doing its working

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done. I wish you luck with your campaign. Keep reading round, use the search box, and ask any questions you like. There will always be someone to help out. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
like your attitude well done and welcome.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @Finsky and welcome to the forum. Well done on having found it - at last!! :)

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Things will really start to get better now you have found this site,if you don't,t have a meter get one,SDcodefree from Amazon ,the test strips a cheaper that the others, and follow a low card diet ,simples

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi this forum will give you all the info you need.

There are loads of people who will give you advice .
I controlled mine for almost 3 years with low carb and exercise .It works .
Funny thing is that my cholesterol dropped too.
You ll probably see on other posts that I've injured my knee at the moment and doing The 8 week 800 ( well often 850) calories a day Blood Sugar Diet , I'm scared that if I can't move as much then I'll be back to square 1 .
Anyway my advice would be to invest in a glucometer , read loads on here , reduce your carb intake and move as much as you can .

Good luck

Reactions: 2 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Thank you for you all from warm welcome :D
Over the years I've been 'fighting' against NHS doctors/nurses/dieticians 'care'...they really don't make you feel better and endless 'googling' and making my own decisions have been what have been most beneficial.
I'm sure I'm not telling you anything what you've yourself haven't already experienced...looking through some forum posts it seems more norm! Luckily I have sister who is pharmacist, though been working for pharma industries most of her career. She has been my 'back up' when looking up into things and my own brain cells are not quite enough to understand stuff...somebody has to have some brains...
BUT, now that I've found this forum, I have all the info, brains and 'translators' under one 'roof'...BRILLIANT!

Reactions: 3 people