Accu Chek insight

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Had a bit of trouble with my insight today, stopped work for lunch and tested my blood put in number of carbs and waited for the bolus calculation, then I had a message saying there was no communication with the pump, I assumed no insulin had been given as I always watch the line that shows the amount going in, I then did a bolus for the correct amount from the pump, 90 minutes later didn't feel to good so checked my blood to find it was 2.9 so took a few glucose tablets and a sandwich and it rose to about 4, looks like I had 2 lots of insulin at lunch instead of 1, on the way home from work the pump starts vibrating and beeping with a warning saying phone Accu Chek, after speaking to a technical advisor he told me it was an electrical fault and I changed the battery ( which I changed a couple of days ago ) and the battery cap which solved the problem, he had no idea what caused the double dose at lunch though, had the pump 6 months and this is the first time it's let me down and all seems fine now.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's a bit worrying. Does it show double bouls in the logbook?

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If it shows bolus for the first lot in log book then you obviously doubble dosed.

Shame though, im on the insight and it happened once to me, but i didn't doubble bolus as i checked my logs first =.=

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yes it does but when I checked at the time it didn't and I always make sure I watch the insulin line, it's a bit of a mystery and just glad it wasn't bedtime.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes it does but when I checked at the time it didn't and I always make sure I watch the insulin line, it's a bit of a mystery and just glad it wasn't bedtime.
Yes it would end up really badly if it was a bed time. I used to look after a child on combo at the school I work at and it happened to me once. I lost connection with the pump and wasn't sure if the bolus went through. In the logbook it didn't show up so I boulsed her again. I checked again a bit later and there were two boulses. You can only imagine how stressed I was!
Hope you reported it to roche and MHRA.

Reactions: 3 people

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
yes have had the same problem sometimes it is due to lost coms or commication even only 5/6 inches away from pump on belt or whatever so like you check the logbook but you can check on the insulin pump itself what is has done also
the other morning got up done a blood test 22.5 sugar very high so washed my hand s done a retest 17.5 better what had happened had late lunch 9-00 pm did no cal the right carbs so low in night had some glucose tablets about 3 pm forgot wash hands so some glucose must have been on them
not many off these problems but just enough to be carefull

vic insight pump

Reactions: 3 people