New diagnosed daughter

satishaksh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My daughter is only 2 and diagonised recently when she is in holiday in India, she will be back in March with her mom. Looking for some advice and like to talk with someone who live in Aberdeen with young children with type 1. I am very stressed same as all parents.. She is taking lantus only once a day just now and we been testing her few times a day and numbers are fine.

satishaksh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi KristyN26 thanks for reply , please let me know how she is getting on. Definitely would like to get information from you.

rsagoo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @satishaksh , my 3-year old son was diagnosed 6 weeks ago, we're in Slough i'm afraid. Sorry to hear about your daughter, I know how you feel, it been a tough time recently. He's on Lantus and Novorapid, so is having 5 injections a day (3 x meals, 1 x snack and 1 Lantus). It was tough in the first few weeks, but kids are amazing at adapting, he's connected that insulin means food and helps with the whole process. Some kids just won't like it, so maybe worth asking about a pump if that's the case - we are currently looking into getting one for our son.

The hardest thing we've found is reducing his snacking, he was a big snacker before, but having a routine is key and organised foods/snacks. And also deciding what to give can be a constant headache.

I'm still new to this type of life, so still finding my feet.

satishaksh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @rsagoo thanks for reply, my daughter is now on novo rapid ( 3 times) and lantus once. Yes you are right we are finding extremely hard controlling snacks, they are very young. Its frustrating, hope everyone gets new technology and hoping for a cure soon for all the kids around the world.

Reactions: 2 people