HBA1C

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, I just got my results through and it was 40, thus proving the 39 last time wasn`t a fluke ! There is absolutely no way I could have got these results without the help and guidance of the wonderful people on this forum, even the ones that I sometimes disagree with (rare) help to strengthen my resolve to do what`s right. So a great big heartfelt THANK YOU! to each and every one of you.

Reactions: 15 people

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi everyone, I just got my results through and it was 40, thus proving the 39 last time wasn`t a fluke ! There is absolutely no way I could have got these results without the help and guidance of the wonderful people on this forum, even the ones that I sometimes disagree with (rare) help to strengthen my resolve to do what`s right. So a great big heartfelt THANK YOU! to each and every one of you.
Great news. Forum has been a big help to me too.

intelligenteating

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Close minded people.
mine was 37 when I had a blood test last sat , where does this put me ?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
haha - do you know though? It appears to be higher than yours...
48 is the diagnostic threshold for diabetes. Many people on this forum have achieved non-diabetic HbA1c scores over a period of time.

An HbA1c of 37 would not indicate diabetes, at this time. Certain blood disorders can skew bloods, to return non-standard results, but those individuals are fairly uncommon.

Klangley

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done indeed @chri5.....slightly scary that we need an internet forum rather than being able to rely on the NHS :)