What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
LOL . Never met a dietitian yet who didn't recommend that Eatwell plate diet - the diet that insists on carbs with every meal and which raised my BG to late 20s/ early 30s.

I'm doing pretting well with what i'm doing it's far from perfect but my BG ranges from 5.0-6.5 apart from the odd day when i'm testing something to see what it does lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm doing pretting well with what i'm doing it's far from perfect but my GG ranges from 5.0-6.5 apart from the odd day when i'm testing something to see what it does lol
That's brilliant! At least you know what you're doing when the dietitian tries to persuade you to follow the NHS approved carbs rich Eatwell plate diet.

Reactions: 2 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's brilliant! At least you know what you're doing when the dietitian tries to persuade you to follow the NHS approved carbs rich Eatwell plate diet.

I was contemplating not going but my Diabetic Nurse is a bit of a dragon and i don't want to give her an excuse to say i'm not taking it seriously lol. I just looked at the Eatwell Plate Diet, (bread, rice, potatoes, pasta and foods high in fat and/or sugar) does anyone understand diabetes lol

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My old dietician was full of praise for my BG level right up until she found out I wasn't using the Eatwell plate diet. Once she found I was low carbing she logged me on her computer as non-compliant. Thankfully the new one is a bit more supportive although I know from talking to some recently diagnosed T2s that she is still insisting that the Eatwell plate diet is best.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: ham, cheese, mayo, pepsi max

D: pork, broccoli, cauliflour, cheese sauce, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream, pepsi max

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday ...
B - half a Lidl roll with philadelphia cheese.
D - KFC & red wine

Reactions: 5 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My old dietician was full of praise for my BG level right up until she found out I wasn't using the Eatwell plate diet. Once she found I was low carbing she logged me on her computer as non-compliant. Thankfully the new one is a bit more supportive although I know from talking to some recently diagnosed T2s that she is still insisting that the Eatwell plate diet is best.

Do they get commission for every person they put on it lol?

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... Could anyone tell me how many carbs are in one of them lidi HP rolls please.

Can't help on this one, but since starting a food diary, I've become obsessive about reading the packaging and hanging on to it! Mind you, once it's in the diary for one day, you can then look back when you've forgotten it.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Can't help on this one, but since starting a food diary, I've become obsessive about reading the packaging and hanging on to it! Mind you, once it's in the diary for one day, you can then look back when you've forgotten it.
@JenniferW Have a look at @Wayne36's post at #3874 above which gives a link to the nutritional values of a LIDL High Protein roll. They contain 8.5g of carbs per 100g. The rolls weigh around 120g, so less than 10g of carbs per roll.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well, the Great Apple Cider Vinegar Experiment ended in a bit of a disaster. I had a tablespoon of it in a glass of water before eating and then two tablespoons (in water) before going to bed. After 2 hours of being asleep I woke to terrible tummy rumblings and grumblings and then no surprise at what happened next. Maybe I took too much of it too soon. Or, possibly, the ACV didn't really go with the unplanned girlie night (good friends, chocolate and wine) that I enjoyed yesterday evening. I will try again but not today.

Today:
Fasting BG: 5.9 - a bit down on recent FBG so maybe the ACV did something!
B: Pickled egg (well, I've got to use them up!), Coffee with cream.
L: Salad with some ham and cheese (and maybe a pickled egg)
D: Roast chicken with steamed mixed baby greens and some courgettes roasted in garlic butter. (definitely no pickled eggs with this ;) )

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi JenniferW I do a food diary every day I am also obsessive about reading packaging, I:D:D spend ages in supermarkets, used to get so frustrated but now actually love it.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi JenniferW I do a food diary every day I am also obsessive about reading packaging, I:D:D spend ages in supermarkets, used to get so frustrated but now actually love it.
That's why I like the MyFitnessPal app. It stores all that information for you and I use the bar code scanner bit of it quite a lot while walking round supermarkets to store the nutritional information of foods I might want in the future. Not bad for a free app.

Reactions: 4 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
That's why I like the MyFitnessPal app. It stores all that information for you and I use the bar code scanner bit of it quite a lot while walking round supermarkets to store the nutritional information of foods I might want in the future. Not bad for a free app.
I also use MFP. As of this morning I'm on a 173 day streak of logging my meals!

Reactions: 7 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For breakfast i had Omelette with chopped tomatoes before my BG was 7.3(still trying to lower that a bit it's always a little higher when i've just woken) after it was 5.7 :)

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hi that app sounds handy i couldn't use it at the moment, my phone is playing up and if i unplug it from the charger it will switch off after 5 mins lol but when i get a new phone i'll give it a try :)

Reactions: 3 people

DavidGorman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I failed myself and give in to the devil, had a McDonald's Bacon Clubhouse and a Big Mac did 20mins cardio workout afterwards, 1 hour after 9.4, 2 hours 10.8, think I danced with the devil and kinda got away with it, not that I'll be doing that again! Back to routine of 5-8.5 LCHF

Reactions: 4 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yesterday I failed myself and give in to the devil, had a McDonald's Bacon Clubhouse and a Big Mac did 20mins cardio workout afterwards, 1 hour after 9.4, 2 hours 10.8, think I danced with the devil and kinda got away with it, not that I'll be doing that again! Back to routine of 5-8.5 LCHF

I had granola for breafast yesterday my BG went up to 14.3 today ii's 5.7 after omelette and tinned tomatoes, was the macdonalds worth it lol