Novorapid flexopen and refills.

Mal1978

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hope someone can help, recently diagnosed type 1 and was given a novorapid flexpen and refills, my question is do the refills go in the flexpen I was given or should I have a different one?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hope someone can help, recently diagnosed type 1 and was given a novorapid flexpen and refills, my question is do the refills go in the flexpen I was given or should I have a different one?
Hiya Mal
Sorry I can't help and I think the regulars on this thread who could have gone to bed. Try the Type 1 Forum, there should be some useful threads there.
This is just general chat and you're very welcome to the thread.....
Maybe if you check which admin are online now one of them may be able to answer.
I'm guessing that as you were only given one pen and refills then you should be able to use the pen for at least as many refills you were given
Hope I've been a little help
Edited to add I'm prediabetes so meds, fortunately, are a bit of a mystery to me

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Flexpens are not refillable. They should look like the orange/blue ones in this picture.

If you also have cartridges, those would go in something like the Novopen Echo. I attached a picture that may help (although I'm in the US where it's called "Novolog")

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1455062119.797912.jpg

steve_p6

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mal1978 if you have been given the 3ml cartridges then you need your GP to prescribe you a Novapen(plus a spare) for the refills. As @TorqPenderloin says Echo is good choice as you get the Memory function built in to remind you what you last injected & when plus the 0.5u dosing if you need it.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have been given Penfill cartridges then you need to get a NovoPen 5 or NovoPen Echo to put the cartridges in.

IMG_6435.JPG

TorqPenderloin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Red for the win. I just took a pic to make it as easy as possible.

Top to bottom
Humalog humapen luxura (refillable)
Novolog/Novorapid Echo pen (refillable)
Levemir flex pen (disposable)
Novolog/Novorapid (disposable)
Novolog/Novorapid cartridges (for the red pen)

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1455063930.184669.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Samwar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
U need a nova nordisk refill pen I had the same thing got cartridges and the throw away pens

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with everyone else lol

But wanted to chime in to cast a vote for the Red Novopen Echo - If you do get one, pick up the Echo, the half units are VERY useful if you have a high insulin to carb ratio.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with everyone else lol

But wanted to chime in to cast a vote for the Red Novopen Echo - If you do get one, pick up the Echo, the half units are VERY useful if you have a high insulin to carb ratio.
I'm starting to feel like a weirdo for using a blue pen ;)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Blue for bolus
Red for basal :)