Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
B two eggs on two portobello mushrooms with cheese on top popped under the grill

L 10% Greek yogurt with strawberries and an apple

S coffee with cream and 4 Brazil nuts

D peppered mackerel salad
Bs 5.7

Reactions: 2 people

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: 2 slices cheese, 2 chicken thighs, pepsi max

D: bacon wrapped chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and cheese, broccoli, cheese sauce, pepsi max

S: cheese, ham, mayo, pepsi max, coffee n cream

Reactions: 4 people

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
STAND BACK EVERYONE... I'm REALLY sorry, but I made garlic mayonnaise to go with the celeriac wedges last night. They were fabulous, but the mayo was really garlicy. I'm in my room @: work with the window open and the door closed.

So, I made veal burgers - the OH had a bun and I made three smaller burgers and gem lettuce leaf buns. Roasted celeriac wedges and some Cahors - really nice red wine. Yummity tum.

Today has been walnuts and coffee to snack on and a spinach dal for lunch. I think tonight will be sausages, from our local sausage dealer...

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all,
Yesterday managed to keep BG readings in the 6`s
BG reading before breakfast 6.6
B 1 poached egg, mushrooms, bacon, tomato, [ grilled] half a lidl high protein roll.
L 4 melba small toasts with cottage cheese and pineapple with red peppers / a few nuts.
D Fresh cod fish, carrots, greenbeans, corn, and peas. had a dessert Banana in plain greek yogurt.
BG reading 2 hrs after dinner 6
Happy with that. :happy:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
B. Coffee with cream and sweetener.
L. 'Indian Chai' style tea with milk and sweetener.
S. (After 7pm) Slow cooked pork shoulder, two new potatoes, broccoli, sweetcorn. Two squares LIDL dark chocolate with caramel. Possibly a Royal Gala apple if I'm still hungry.

After 9pm A couple of tots of brandy (purely medicinal for sore throat) and two babybels, maybe a few walnuts and hazelnuts.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

L: ham, cheese, mayo, pepsi max

D: pork, broccoli, cauliflour, cheese sauce, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream, pepsi max

Wildrover

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to ask Where can I buy carbs and calories pocket book? Feels hungry now. Going to have Full fat greek yogurt with some blueberries.
Later on Pork ribs and vegetable for dinner.
I cannot drink enough water. I drink lot of tea with cream or full fat milk unbeaten and after my meals.

Buy on Amazon, or even better, get the App,

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
B 1 slice of ham a fried egg and a slice of burgen soya and linseed bread

L mixed veg curry

Dinner will be gammon stir fry

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

L: ham, mayo, pepsi max

D: chicken burger made with 2 oopsie buns, chicken, cheese, mayo and chow chow, broccoli, cauliflour, cheese sauce, pepsi max

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

L: chicken broccoli bake

D: chicken breast wrapped in bacon stuffed with cream cheese and.cheese, cauliflour with cheese sauce, pepsi max

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
ND (1 week to go)
3 x Optifast Shakes B,L & D
1 Tomato Soup D
3 x Coffee dash of Skim Milk
2 x Coke Zero
Supplements
1 x Vitamin D
1 x Multi Vitamin
6 x Metamucil Capsules (psyllium fibre)

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I fell off the wagon with a bump yesterday. I made a traditional cassolet on Saturday - even made fresh chick peas - Oh boy, was it GOOD! Toulouse sausages, ham hock, belly pork & duck legs - Sausages, belly pork & duck lets confit for two hours, put in the pot with ham hock and chick peas, ripped up the meat stirred and back in the oven for anotehr slow two hours. The result was stunning. Like an idiot I warmed up fresh white bread from the local shop - buttered, it was so nice, dipped in the sauce, the white wine and today.. BGs of 15, **** night's sleep and generally feeling dreadful.

Was it worth that. A resounding "You Bet"

Tonight it should be trout and vegetables. There is still a lot of cassolet to eat!

I've had a banana, orange & walnuts with my coffee.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Trust me these.things take time. In the last 2 years I have had some spectacular falling off the wagon moments and funnily enough for the first time EVER yesterday instead of reaching for everything I shouldnt have I actually just ate loads more of what was good for me. Mind you I dont know.if everyone would agree that the amount of lc cheese sauce I drowned my dinner in or the 100gr of sf chocolate I ate was good for me but oh well. Just remember these things happen and tomorow is a new day.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops forgot to post what I ate.

L: coffee n cream, egg and cheese omelette, pepsi max

D: steak with cauliflour drowned in cheese sauce, pepsi max, 100gr sf chocolate

S: pepsi max, coffee n cream, cheese, cheeseburger, no bun

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
B. 3 egg cheese omelette.... Tea
L. Fancy type roll thing from Lidl, with herbs, tomatoes & cheese baked
on top, I slit it open & put butter inside....tea
D. Turkey loaf, beans broccoli (yesterday's leftovers!). Strawberries &
cream. Small glass red!!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds it may incriminate me.

suffice it to say it involved mash potatoes and a pie.They made me do it gov.

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Galja - use
  • Formula to calculate mmol/l from mg/dl: mmol/l = mg/dl / 18
Source - Diabetes UK Website

Well, last night was a fish night - made trout with pearl barley risotto (I use the rough guide of a handfull of PB per person)- Finely diced shallot sweated off in a little oil and butter, rinsed pearly barley thrown in followed by a stock cube and half a glass of white wine to help melt the cube followed by hot water, lit on the pan and let it simmer away until the liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile I fried off some butternut squash until golden and crispy and diced up the remnant of a chorizo, both of which were added to the risotto at the end. Off with the heat and let it stand.

Pan fried the trout - slashed the skin, salted and in a hot pan with a little oil and butter, fried until the edges of the fish start to turn white - off with the heat, cover with a lid and allow to finish for a couple of minutes.

Served up, looking pretty on a warm plate and a glass of Pinot Griggio to help wash it down.

Today its been a hand full of walnuts and for lunch it'll be cassolet. We're off to "Breakout" tonight with the guys from work, so it'll be a late, light supper!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
3 x Optifast shakes and steamed veges
3 days to go

Rudyard

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rudyard,

Are you essentially saying that whatever is on my American Freestyle Lite meter gets divided by 18? Brunneria sent me a handy chart but I haven't a clue which is the American, which is the British, etc.

To convert from US to UK readings, yes. Though you'll be used to the US readings, so they will make sense to you. As you seemed to want to show your readings as seen in the UK, you tried to convert 137 to 46 or 47. A quick check and your reading of 137 converts to 7.6 mmol/l (IE 137/18)

Just trying to be helpful :)