yawar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Working too much and less sleep
hello All

I was diagnosed with TYP2 in early November, 2015. Hb1ac was 12.0. I was put on Metformin 1000Mg twice per day. I lost 18 Kg, and now weigh 78Kg, I am 5 ft 10 in tall. My daily Monitoring of Blood glucose is 1-2 times per day and i am between 4.5-5.5 mmol/liter....I had another blood test on Feb3- the Blood Glucose level was 4.1 mmol/l...but the Hb1ac is down to just 11.3%..I have out all the Fat and oily/Sugary stuff from my diet..I am active , but do not go to the gym regularly, and I am maintaining my weight well...Do not have any symptoms...actually feel great after a long time...What should I do to get the long term sugar profile down to normal..I have lost weight and changed diet...advice will be very much appreciated

Thanks!

Southbeds

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just hang around and you will get some good advice on what food to eat,most use the low carb diet to reduce there BG and reverse the diabetes,

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@yawar - Hello and Welcome to the Forum. I will tag @daisy1 who will provide you with some basic information that all newbies receive. Have a good read and if you have any questions - just ask. Someone will come along and answer.:)

yawar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Working too much and less sleep
Just hang around and you will get some good advice on what food to eat,most use the low carb diet to reduce there BG and reverse the diabetes,
Thanks Very much for your reply! I have lost the weight and whenever I have taken my BGL it has been normal...Now I am taking BGL 4 times a day to see where is the spike....My exercise routine took a hit for 3 weeks ...late dinner and sleep...I am kinda bummed out, as I thought my Hb1 will drop...

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hi @yawar and welcome to the forum. Well done on reducing your Blood Sugar levels and weight. You say you have done this by cutting out the Fat and oily/Sugary stuff. A lot of people on this forum including me have found that a Low Carbohydrate High Fat approach to eating has reduced our BS levels. Carbohydrates, like potatoes, bread, pasta and rice turn to sugar in our bodies.
To replace them we eat more fats like butter, cream, and cheese, for energy.
Have a look round the forum and you will see this has worked for many of us.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
HI and welcome to the forum yawar lots of good advice and information here. If you have any questions and I'm sure you will don't be afraid to ask.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi and welcome well done for what you have achieved with your weight loss and you say your BG levels are normal so what you are doing is working