What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all and lizanne, thank you for the info on BG readings.
BG reading this morning before breakfast 6.3
B 1 poached egg and tomato on half a Lidl roll toasted.
L I pkt of multigrain crackers [ snack size ] with laughing cow cheese spread [ New from Asda] delicious.
1 plum/1 banana.
D 1 large Tin mackeral fillets in tomato sauce, 3 oatcakes with laughing cow cheese spread.
BG reading 2 hrs after dinner 5.3 Yes I have hit the :happy::happy: 5s in just 5 weeks. :happy::happy:

Reactions: 7 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all and lizanne, thank you for the info on BG readings.
BG reading this morning before breakfast 6.3
B 1 poached egg and tomato on half a Lidl roll toasted.
L I pkt of multigrain crackers [ snack size ] with laughing cow cheese spread [ New from Asda] delicious.
1 plum/1 banana.
D 1 large Tin mackeral fillets in tomato sauce, 3 oatcakes with laughing cow cheese spread.
BG reading 2 hrs after dinner 5.3 Yes I have hit the :happy::happy: 5s in just 5 weeks. :happy::happy:
Well done:)

Reactions: 4 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Would love to find some friends on here, was diagnosed type 2 in 2008, but after a recent hospital admission with DKA, I'm now type 1. I live in Devon, I am a 35 year old lady. Would love some support. Probably the wrong place to ask but kind of struggling at the moment.

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi s.sollis you have come to the right place then , every one on here is very friendly, ask as many questions as you like and somebody will reply to you. We are:) all friends on here, all in the same boat sailing along hopefully merrily, do not struggle alone, plenty of support on here. Go into all the forums daily and you will find some good information, please join in, more the merrier as they say.:happy:

Reactions: 2 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi s.sollis you have come to the right place then , every one on here is very friendly, ask as many questions as you like and somebody will reply to you. We are:) all friends on here, all in the same boat sailing along hopefully merrily, do not struggle alone, plenty of support on here. Go into all the forums daily and you will find some good information, please join in, more the merrier as they say.:happy:
Thank you, it means a lot

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B - Undyed smoked haddock with two poached eggs
L - Slices of smoked cheese, olives with chilli
D - Chicken curry, cucumber raita, tomato and onion salad. 3 squares of 85% Chocolate

Reactions: 8 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

B: coffeencream
L: lidl roll with a lot of butter and some Roses lemon and lime marmalade. Yes. I know. Sugar. But i haven't had that l&l marmalade since my grandparents gave it to me on oatcakes 40 years ago. Just as nice as i remember.
D: pork steak with roast mediterranean veg and sugar snaps

S: 2 squares 70% choc

Reactions: 10 people

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

B: coffeencream
L: lidl roll with a lot of butter and some Roses lemon and lime marmalade. Yes. I know. Sugar. But i haven't had that l&l marmalade since my grandparents gave it to me on oatcakes 40 years ago. Just as nice as i remember.
D: pork steak with roast mediterranean veg and sugar snaps

S: 2 squares 70% choc
Sounds yummy

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I can taste the Sausage Roll :p spinach bread sounds nice where do you buy that from?
I make it. 6 eggs, 150g grated cheddar, 150g finely chopped spinach, plus seeds if you're feeling posh. Mix it all up then bang it in the oven for 40 minutes or so.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Wayne36 if you feel like KFC the chicken is usually fine for your BS, just stay away from the bread rolls and potato and gravy.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffee n cream

L: ham, mayo, pepsi max

D: chicken burger made with 2 oopsie buns, chicken, cheese, mayo and chow chow, broccoli, cauliflour, cheese sauce, pepsi max

S: coffee n cream, pepsi max

Reactions: 4 people

Wayne36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Original or roasted Kentucky fried not too bad on the blood sugar but there is something called extra crispy that has waaaaaaaaay more carbs. I have relatives from the same part of the country as Col Saunders and can make an appoximation but the traditional meal also somes with mashed potatoes, baked beans with brown sugar in them, cornbread AND buttermilk bisquits and coleslaw made with sugar and milk so don't go for the authentic. Did I mention the kind of desserts tht go with all that? The original Kentucky Fried still serves food. Gelatine with marshmallows topped with whipped cream anyone? Btw, Kentucky Colonel is an honorary title. My father was one. I'm going to blame my diabetes on my heritage.. ;) Of course, Harlan Sounders was in import from Indiana. So I'm going to say that he stole the local recipes....

Hi cool video.... That's the first time i've seen colonel saunders i didn't think he was real lol :***: Are you from aremica because i'm from the UK and the food is different, we don't have mashed potatoes, cornbread, buttermilk biscuits or Gelatine with marshmallows, so your dad was a kentucky colonel, whay did that entail?